[PATRICK] His New Girlfriend - Part One

You arrive at a house you're pretty familiar with. It's Pete's house. He's hosting a party for god knows what reason this time. You were invited to this party a while ago, prior to your breakup with Patrick after four years.

I know what you're thinking, why would you be at Pete's house, at a party that Patrick is most likely going to be at, if the two of you broke up no more than a month ago? Well, because even though you and Patrick didn't work out as a couple, you still care about each other and wanted to maintain your  friendship. At least that's what the two you agree on.

But sometimes things are awkward. Like the time when he told you and the guys that he started  dating someone. You hadn't even considered dating anyone yet and there he was, saying he already found someone new.

"Her name is Elisa and she's really really nice," He disclosed to the four of you. "She's also coming to the party. I hope you don't mind that I invited her."

Pete, Joe, and Andy all replied at once.

"Oh, no, we don't mind at all!"

"Yeah, it's cool with me, bro!"

"Can't wait to meet her!"

As for you, you kind  of just sat there, a smile on your face as you tried your best to be  supportive of your ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend.

Your hold on your clutch  tightens as your heart begins to pound anxiously against your chest and  your head begins to hurt. You aren't ready to meet Patrick's new  girlfriend. You're afraid you'll snap at her, or better yet - have something happen similar to what Cady in Mean Girls pictured in her head  of how people in school or at the mall would react if it were like how it was in Africa.

"(Y/N)!" You hear someone call your name. Your turn your head to see Pete making his way through a crowd of people over to you. He walks up to you and pulls you into a friendly embrace. "I wasn't expecting to see you here!"

You chuckle nervously, "Why would you say that?"

"Well, I don't know," He steps away from you and looks into your eyes, "I just thought that because of Patrick-"

You cross your arms, "You thought that because Patrick brought his new girlfriend here that I  wouldn't come." He nods his head, slightly embarrassed. You laugh. "You really think that would keep me from coming to the party of the year?"

"I-I don't know," He  scratches nervously behind his head, "It's just...You and Pat...I saw the way you got when he told us he had a new girlfriend. I just didn't think you would-"

"(Y/N)!" Someone else calls your name, cutting Pete short. You look away from Pete to see Patrick coming your way. He approaches you and Pete and gives you a quick hug. "Hey!"

"Hi," You reply. Pete pats you on the shoulder before leaving the two of you in the foyer of his house.

"Let me go get Elisa, she's been dying to meet you," He tells you with a smile on his face before disappearing to go get her.

"Great," You mumble under your breath as you stay put.

About three minutes later, Patrick reemerges from the party, this time with a beautiful girl trailing behind him. The girl has long, dark brown curly hair and brown eyes. She's wearing something similar to what you're wearing, but she's obviously wearing it better (at least, that's what you think). It can only be Elisa.

"(Y/N), Elisa. Elisa,  (Y/N)," Patrick introduces the two of you. You force a smile on your face and do your best to seem excited about meeting her. The two of you hug briefly before she tells you she's only heard good things about you. You say the same about her, though you haven't got the slightest clue as to who she really is, you know, aside from being Patrick's obvious rebound.