[PATRICK/ALL OF THEM] 21

Inspired by the 2008 movie written by Peter Steinfeld and Allan Loeb and based off of Ben Mezrich's book...

You heave a sigh as you stare at yourself in the mirror, your reflection nothing similar to your actual appearance. That is the point, though.

Just then, the bathroom door behind you opens and Patrick steps in, his blonde hair slightly disheveled and dark shades covering his bluish-green eyes. He walks up behind you and slips his hands around your waist, pulling you close to him and starting to plant gentle kisses on the back of your neck. The corner of your dark red lips curls up into a smirk and you rest your head back, asking, "Who are you tonight?"

He retracts one of his hands and pull so it his fake ID card from his coat pocket, holding it out in front of you. "Donnie Martin. You?"

You stick your hand into the top of your dress and pull your card out from your bra, flipping it around to see the front. "Winona Campbell," You read off.

"Well, Winona Campbell...I hope to see you tonight," He whispers seductively in your ear, sending a tingling sensation throughout your entire body as his hands slip farther down your front.

"You guys do realize that we're supposed to act like we don't know each other, right?" You and Patrick both look back to see Pete - the guy behind all of this - standing in the doorway, a glare on his face as he fixes the cuffs of his suit. "Because I swear, if you two fuck this up for us because you're too horny and can't keep your your hands to yourselves, everything you've been working hard for...poof." He waves his hand in the air. "Gone."

"Yeah yeah..." The two of you reply in unison, returning you attention to the mirror. Pete shakes his head and disappears from the doorway.

"Wish me luck, babe," Patrick murmurs before giving you a quick kiss on the cheek and leaving. You stand there for a little more before spinning around and following him out.

*****

You and the two guys, as well as Andy, Joe, and Brendon who are also part of your team, venture your way into the MGM Grand, one by one at different intervals as to not seem suspicious. You, Joe, and Andy are the spotters, keeping count of the deck and sending signals to the big players, Brendon and Patrick, for when they should come in or leave. Pete doesn't play anymore, claiming he's retired and that he got out when he was on top, and now he's just helping the five of you hopefully achieve the same.

Handpicked, you joined this little endeavor to help pay for your daughter. She's three years old and, since you had her in your first year of college and her father flaked about two months before she was born, raising her hasn't been the easiest for you. Sure, your parents have been more than helpful, watching her while you take your classes and paying for her insurance, but being as young as you are, bringing a child up is difficult. Luckily, though, Pete saw the talent you possessed and recruited you as soon as he could. Ever since, you've been taking weekends off to travel to Las Vegas and win a good deal of money that's been accumulating in your parents' attic, all unbeknownst to them (they believe you're doing an internship). However, once you have enough, you intend on moving out of your parents house - taking your daughter with you - and, if all goes as planned, buy a house that's bigger than you need for the two of you to move in to.

You wander your way over to one of the blackjack tables and sit down, smiling beguilingly at the card dealer. "Hello, handsome." He smiles back at you and asks you what your bet is. You place the minimum amount of chips down and push the small stack forward.

After a while, you've counted all the cards and you cross your arms behind your back - indicating that the table's hot. You glance briefly over your shoulder and make eye contact with Pete, Patrick right beside him, the two of them having been involved in a conversation. Pete nods his head once in understanding before nudging Patrick, who immediately leaves Pete's side to go over to yours.