Imagine #1 : Kai

Imagine watching a horror movie with Kai and he tries to scare you

You usually spent your Friday's nights with Kai, cuddling on the couch and enjoying each other's warm embrace.

"You sure you wanna watch this? It's pretty scary." Kai said, his arms wrapped around you.

"It seems like you're the one who's scared." You giggled.

"I just don't want you to have nightmares." He retorted. 

"I'm dating a sociopath. I think I can handle a horror movie. Besides, I don't fear anything."

"Do I need to remind you of that time when you woke me up in the middle of the night because you saw a spider and freaked out?"

"Whatever. Just put the DVD on." You whined.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

As the film began, Kai nibbled his chips in an obstreperous manner to the point that you could barely hear the characters' voices. He literally chewed like a cow as crumbs fell on his shirt, which got on your nerves. Irritated by the noises emitted from his mouth, you glared at him. 

"Want some pork rinds?" He asked you, oblivious to your scowl.

"Damon is right. You really are a pork rind munching freak." You muttered under your breath.

"Wait, he said that?"

"Never mind."

You ignored Kai's deplorable attempts to disturb you, and devoted your entire attention to the movie. In fact, you were so engrossed by the screen in front of you that you didn't even realize that Kai disappeared. 

A tremendously loud sound reverberated through the house, jolting you out. You accidentally dropped the bowl of popcorn and groaned in annoyance at the sight of your delicious snack scattered on the wooden floor. You shot a glance over your shoulder and noticed Kai's absence. 

"He probably went in the kitchen to get more food." You thought to yourself.

You called out his name, but no answer. The lights suddenly went off, as well as the television, leaving you in utter darkness.

"Kai, it's not funny." You declared, assuming he was doing a prank.

You used your phone as a flashlight and wandered through the dwelling in search of Kai, but much to your dismay, you found no trace of your boyfriend, not even a trail of crumbs. Panic washed over you and you started to believe that a serial killer broke into your house, but again, you already lived with a sociopath.

You flinched as someone tapped your shoulder, causing you to spin around. Your eyes scanned the room, attempting to discern the culprit although the lack of light obstructed your view. You grew deathly white, and your phone slipped from your sweaty hands as an unidentifiable black figure arose out of the blue, his stare paralyzing you. You hoped that your consciousness was playing tricks on you or that you would snap out from this nightmare and wake up in Kai's arms, however, this was reality. 

You hastily ran upstairs like your life depended on it (literally) and sequestered yourself in your room, your heart pounding in your chest. Just as you thought things couldn't get worse, the knob of your closet twisted. You stood up on your feet though every member of your body quivered, and cautiously approached the door frame of your wardrobe, but immediately recoiled as it slowly creaked ajar. Your breath itched as you swayed, your back slamming against the wall behind you. This situation oddly reminded you of a horror movie in which the door opens by itself, and a mysterious silhouette emerges from the obscurity. Usually, in this scene, the targeted victim screams and tries to evade, but dies instead. This is what happened, well almost. You shrieked in fright until someone turned the lights on, and Kai appeared in front of you, laughing hysterically. Realization hit you, and you quickly understood that all of this was a joke.

"Kai! Seriously! Don't ever use that invisibility spell on me again!" You shouted.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. You should've seen your reaction, it was priceless." Kai chuckled.

"It's not funny! You really scared the shit out of me!" You exclaimed.

"Didn't you claim earlier that nothing scares you?"

You grunted in fury and pushed out of your way, exasperated by his childishness. He sprinted behind you and apologized numerous times, yet you refused to forgive him. He put you in a dreadful situation, and you nearly had a heart attack. You were mad at him for  you, but you also felt stupid for believing that there was a ghost in the house. Kai eventually earned your forgiveness, and promised to never scare you again.

-

Hey! There you go, the first imagine of this book. Hope you liked it. By the way, sorry for the delay, I was quite busy with school, but I'll try to post often. Leave requests in the comments please :)

-Yousra