Imagine #23: Klaus

Imagine Klaus convincing you to go on a date with him after he saves you 

You hated Klaus with a burning passion. He had done terrible things that couldn't be forgotten, and yet it seemed like he didn't even feel guilty about it. He hurt your friends many times, he often put the whole town in jeopardy and killed people just for his own good. You simply couldn't stand him. He was charming and handsome as much as you hated to admit it, but that didn't mean anything to you if he had a bad personality. You've heard a lot of rumors about Klaus, and at the beginning, you refused to believe them until you met him in person and realized how much of a horrible person he was. Ever since, you couldn't even bear hearing his name. 

You've always thought that he cared about no one, but you were wrong. He grew feelings for you, and although you made it clear that you despised him, Klaus, on other hand, still loved you. He truly did. He was heartless to everyone but you. He loved you too much to do or say anything that would hurt you. He always flirted with you and complimented you, but you would usually ignore him. However, it certainly didn't discourage him, even after being rejected multiple times. Your hate for him only made him want you more.

Klaus was not one to give up. He always fought for what he wanted until he got it, and he was quite determined to win you over, no matter how long it would take. After all, he had plenty of time ahead of him, and he wouldn't stop chasing after you until you were his.

On a cold Friday night, you were heading home after a long day at work. It was late and the streets were empty. You felt someone following you so you sped up your pace, and just as you turned a corner, someone grabbed your arm, pulling you into a dark alley. They pinned you against the building behind you, trapping you under their grasp, and you started to panic as you saw veins appear under their eyes. The vampire leaned in to sink his fangs into your neck, but before he had the chance to, Klaus came out of the blue and pushed him away from you. 

You watched as he held the vampire by the neck, tightened his grip with each passing second. 

"That's for thinking about hurting her." Klaus grumbled, ripping his heart out, literally.

The vampire who attacked you collapsed on the floor, dead, and Klaus immediately ran up to you.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked.

You nodded your head and thanked him, your eyes gazing into his. Your face was inches away from his, almost as you were about to kiss. You pushed past him and coughed, avoiding eye contact. You glanced at Klaus, who was already staring at you, before walking back home. Klaus appeared by your side and followed you.

"I'm walking you home to make sure you remain safe." He said.

"It's fine. I don't need a bodyguard."

"You do. After what just occurred, I can't take the risk."

You rolled your eyes and sighed deeply, which Klaus noticed.

"You should be glad I'm here."

"Why would I?" You asked.

"I just saved your life!"

"Doesn't mean you saved me that I'm going to start liking you. I don't and never will." You replied coldly. 

"You could've been killed. Be a little more grateful that I was there to protect you."

"I already said thank you. What do you want more?"

A smirk slowly appeared on his face, and you quickly realized that you probably should've not said that.

"Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps you can do something for me in return. A date tomorrow night?"

He looked at you with puppy eyes.