Imagine #30: Stefan

Imagine doing a school project with Stefan and realizing that you're in love with him

Ever since Stefan Salvatore arrived to town and started attending Mystic Falls high school, you instantly developed feelings for him. During class, you didn't even focus or listen to a word your teacher said. Instead, you just stared at Stefan the whole time and daydreamed about him. You always tried to find silly excuses to talk to him whether it was asking him to help you with a homework or borrowing one of his pencil.

Your teacher was rambling on and writing things on the board that you did not understand, but all your attention was drawn to Stefan. You leaned on your desk and gazed at him. He caught your stare and turned his head, looking back at you. A small grin spread across both of your faces, but it quickly faded when your teacher called you.

"Y/N and Stefan, am I bothering you?"

Everyone in the class stared at you. You dropped your head down as your cheeks grew red, but Stefan still had his eyes on you, a smile hanging on his lips.

"As I was saying, you have an assignment due to next week. You can either do it alone or with a partner." The teacher declared.

Your eyes scanned the room in search of someone to partner up with, and they instantly landed on Stefan.

"Hey, do you want to be my partner?" He asked, catching you completely off guard.

"Uh, sure." You blushed.

You were screaming of joy on the inside, but you tried not to let it show. 

"Can you meet me at the library after school so we can start working on the assignment?" He suggested.

"Yeah, of course." You replied.

"Great. Well, see you then." 

After school, you went to the library just as you and Stefan had agreed on. You looked around for him, but since he wasn't there yet, you decided to kill some time until he would show up.

You wandered through the rows of bookshelves in search of something appealing to read.  You came across a novel that seemed quite interesting and reached to grab it, but as you pulled it out, all the other books on the shelf dropped on the floor, disturbing the silence. A few people in the library glared at you. You cursed under your breath and knelt down to pick up the pile of books.

"Need help?"

You lifted your head up and came face to face with Stefan.

"Uh, yeah, that would be nice." You murmured.

He gathered the books together and helped you put them back in place.

"Thank you." You said.

"No worries."

The silence fell for a few seconds as you locked eyes with him.

"So, uh, shall we start the project?" He asked, nervously scratching the back of his head.

You nodded your head, and you both went to sit at a table. You chose a topic and started 'working' on the assignment, but within only a few minutes, you forgot about the school project and talked instead. 

You spent hours talking and getting to know each other, and you even stayed in the library until the closing time.

"We literally didn't do anything." You stated as you and Stefan were walking home. 

"Well, I guess we'll have to see each other again." He smiled.

Throughout the entire week, you went to the library to 'work' on your project when in reality, you did the complete opposite. You even got kicked out once, maybe twice, simply because people were complaining about how loud you were. But you couldn't help yourselves: you truly enjoyed each other's company and whenever you hung out together, you always winded up getting distracted.

As your friendship grew stronger each day, your feelings for him also did. You gradually fell in love with each other, but neither of you realized it.

You only had one day left to finish your assignment, therefore you vowed yourselves to actually work. You waited till the last minute to start your project since you spent most of your time talking together instead of doing what you were supposed to do. But you didn't feel guilty at all. You finally found someone who truly understood you and cared about you, and that person happened to be Stefan.

After what seemed like an eternity, you somehow managed to complete your school work.

"Gosh, I thought we would never get done with this." You sighed.

"We managed to finish this assignment under a few hours and we didn't even get distracted. I think we deserve an award for this." He chuckled.

"Yeah, well I guess we make a great team." You giggled.

He broke into a smile and you both exchanged longing stares.

"You have really pretty eyes." He said randomly.

You mumbled a 'thanks' and turned your face away from him to hide your rosy cheeks. Stefan lifted up your chin, contemplating his next move. He slowly leaned in, caressing your cheek with his thumb, and he pressed his lips against yours. You had both impatiently waited for this moment to happen, and you couldn't be happier that it finally did. Your entire body melted under his embrace. The kiss you shared was gentle and fond, and you knew you could never forget it.

You got so caught up in the moment that you completely forgot that you were still at the library, but unfortunately, someone reminded you. A random guy passed by and interrupted you, grimacing as he saw you kissing.

"Oh gosh, that's disgusting. Get a room please."