Imagine #31: Kol

A/N: I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT, THERE WAS A LOT GOING ON, BUT I'M FINALLY ON CHRISTMAS BREAK SO I'M GONNA POST MORE OFTEN. ALSO TO EVERYONE WHO CELEBRATES IT, HOPE YOU HAD A MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

-

Imagine being best friends with Kol and your friend try to set you up together

You and Kol were really close. The bond you shared was unbreakable. You connected from the second you met and over the time, you became practically inseparable. You always spent your days together and you usually never went somewhere without the other. You stuck together through thick and thin. Kol could never imagine not having you in his life and neither could you. You completed each other.

As your friendship grew stronger every day, you started to develop feelings. You both fell in love without realizing it. The whole town figured it out, except you two. There was something going on between you, but you refused to admit it. You considered Kol as a friend, nothing more, but deep down, you knew you were lying to yourself. And that lie would eventually catch up to you, whether you wanted it or not. After all, when you two people are in love, they always find their way back to each other.

All your friends and even Kol's siblings kept telling you that you should date him, and at first, it did bother you, but you've gotten used to it at one point. They were constantly teasing you and you ignored them as much as you could, but at the end of the day, you both knew they were right.

You and Kol acted like lovers sometimes and people would often mistake you for a couple. Some of your friends even believed that you were secretly dating, which was not the case. Despite how many times you've tried to deny it, they were convinced that you belonged together. Everyone could see it, but you.

"I hate this movie." Kol muttered.

You and Kol were currently watching television, as you usually did every afternoon.

He tried to snatch the TV remote from your hand, but you wouldn't let it go.

"Give it to me, Y/N."

"Nope. I had it first." You replied.

He sighed in defeat and gave up, but then an idea popped into his mind. He grabbed your waist, throwing you on the couch. He climbed on top of you and started to tickle you, causing you to laugh.

Klaus then suddenly barged into the room.

"Ah! Isn't that lovely?" He smirked.

Kol let go of you and glared at his brother.

"Go on. I didn't mean to interrupt you." He smiled sarcastically before leaving.

You both rolled your eyes.

"So what do you want to do today?" Kol inquired.

"Damon is throwing a party at his house tonight. I think we should go."

"Damon? Absolutely not. I despise him."

"C'mon, it could be fun." You insisted.

He shook his head. You pouted and looked at him with puppy eyes. That trick always worked whenever you wanted something from him.

"Fine. Only because you're going."

Just as he uttered those words, your phone rang. You pulled it out of your pocket and checked the ID caller. It was Caroline. You cursed as you remembered that you were supposed to meet her at the mall forty minutes ago.

"Oh gosh. I completely forgot. Caroline wanted me to go shopping with her today."

"It's fine, go ahead." Kol said.

"See you tonight then?" You asked, walking towards the door.

"Yeah, just call me when you're ready to go. I'll come pick you up."

You left the Mikaelson mansion and went to find your friend at the mall, who was already waiting for you there.

"You're one hour late." Caroline stated.

"Yeah, uh, sorry. I was with-"

"Kol. I know. You're always with him."

"So you're coming to Damon's party tonight?" She questioned.

You nodded and entered inside a random store, searching for a dress.

"Let me guess. Kol's coming with you."

Caroline paused for a few seconds before speaking again, "I honestly don't understand why you two are not dating already."

"It's not gonna happen, Caroline. Get over it." You answered.

She sighed, and you walked ahead of her, rolling your eyes. It was always the same story. She always brought up Kol in the conversation and rambled about how you two would be perfect for each other. You were quite jaded of hearing the same thing over and over, but she wouldn't drop it. 

"He loves you and you love him too. It's obvious. Why are you denying it?"

You ignored her remark, but she went on.

"C'mon Y/N! You two would look so cute together."

You groaned in annoyance, realizing you would have to deal with her complaints for the next two hours. 

After shopping, you headed home and hurried to get ready for the party. Once you picked an outfit, you called Kol and waited for his arrival. Within a few minutes, you heard the doorbell ring. You went to open the door and came face to face with Kol. He stood there and gazed at you, a wide grin spread across his face.

"You look beautiful." He admitted.

You stared down at your feet, avoiding eye contact. It felt weird to receive compliments, especially from him.

"Thanks. So yeah, uh, let's go." You mumbled.

Kol drove to the Salvatore Boarding house where the party was held. Music was blasting through huge speakers and the place was so full that you barely had space to move. Kol intertwined his fingers with yours and walked ahead of you, pulling you through the crowd. He led you towards an empty corner, away from all the drunk people. 

"Do you want a drink?" He suggested.

You glanced down at your hand, realizing Kol was still holding it. He let go and swore under his breath. This time, he was the one turning red.

The music suddenly stopped playing for a few seconds, and then a slow-beat song came on.

"What kind of song is this? I thought this was a party, not a freaking ball." You frowned.

You scanned the crowd and noticed a few couples slow dancing. Caroline walked past you and wiggled her eyebrows.

"You can thank me later." She winked.

You quickly understood that she had purposely chosen this song to bring you closer to Kol. You looked at him, unsure of what to say or do. 

He stared back at you, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"So, uh, do you wanna dance?"

You hesitantly nodded your head as he placed his hands around your waist, pulling you close to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck, locking eyes with him. You swung your hips to the music and waltzed across the floor, forgetting everyone around you.

Your face was inches away from his, and you could feel your heart pounding for some reasons. His eyes drifted down to your lips, but he hesitated to lean in. 

Few seconds later, he finally gave into temptation and kissed you. You didn't question it, you just enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

He pulled away and looked deep into your eyes, cupping your face with his hands. 

You both remained completely silent and smiled at each other until Caroline showed up and interrupted your moment.

"So when are you guys planning your wedding?" She smiled.

-

leave requests for imagines in the comments and I'll try to do them!