Imagine #6: Damon

Imagine challenging Damon not to use his vampire capabilities and act like a complete normal human being + him getting jealous

On this typical evening, you lingered on the couch and wrote down your thoughts in your journal, enjoying the serene environment surrounding you since it never lasted for long. You loved days like these, when you could just take a break from your crazy life and ease off without some lunatic assaulting you or any other kind of disturbance. Considering you lived in a town fraught with supernatural drama and danger, relaxing wasn't something you could do very often. Therefore, when you finally found spare time out of your busy schedule, you intended to relish every moment of it and not waste it even if it was just for a couple of minutes.           

Damon entered in the living room and poured himself a glass of bourbon like usually, making as much din as possible in order to either irk you or monopolize your attention. His lips curled into a lopsided grin as he heard you sigh. He knew full well you easily lost your patience and that your tolerance for idiots like him reached low levels, yet he still chose to test your limits. Seeing you angry quite entertained him, which is why he often messed around with you, whether you liked it or not. Indeed, he learned a panoply of ways on how to annoy you. Whenever he fell into the loophole of boredom, and that his brother wasn't here, he would aim you as his victim, simply because he had nothing better to do. 

He sipped his liquor in an obstreperous manner and paced around the room, causing you to snap.

"Can you be quiet?" You inquired coldly.

He made his way towards you and drew his face near yours, whistling into your ear.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Trying to piss you off, and it's working." He smiled, earning a deadly glare from you.

"Want a drink?" Damon suggested, quirking his eyebrows.

You ignored him and deeply exhaled, striving to stay calm albeit your boyfriend gave you a hard time. Suddenly, Damon snatched your diary from your hands and flicked through the pages.

"Give me that back!" You yelled.

"Dear diary, I think I'm in love with Damon. Everything about him is perfect. His looks, his personality, the way he smirks. I wonder how he's in bed." Damon read out loud in a high-pitch voice, mocking you.

"I'm amazing actually, am I?" He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Damon! This is personal! And for your information, I actually wrote that a long ago. I've changed ever since." You clarified.

"Really? Because that's not what you were saying last night." He chuckled.

"Ugh, just give it me back." You muttered.

You walked towards him to take your journal back, but he had already shifted away.

"Come and get it."

You rolled your eyes and jogged after him around the living room whereas he kept speeding off, moving from one place to another in less than five seconds. He whizzed by so fast that your head spun, and you could barely keep track of his steps. You attempted to catch him up, which only resulted in tripping over yourself. He laughed at your fall, amused to watch you struggle while he, on the other hand, stood perfectly on his feet.

"Damn it, stop using that speedy thing." You gasped, losing your breath.

"I'm always one step ahead of you." He declared.

"I bet you wouldn't be able to go through an entire day without using your vampire capabilities." You stated.

"You shouldn't underestimate me."

"Alright, then. Starting from now, you have to act like a total human being, which means no blood, no vampire speed, no compulsion and all of that. If you lose, you owe me dinner."

"And if I win, you owe me a date." He declared confidently.

You two of you went to Mystic Grills as you suggested and took your usual spot. After a couple of drinks, the bartender refused to let Damon order any more beverages.

"I think you've had enough." The waiter said sternly.

"No one tells me I've had enough." Damon retorted angrily.

He stared intently into the man's eyes, ready to compel him, until you stopped him.

"Hey! Remember, you can't use compulsion."

"You've gotta be kidding me." He mumbled.

Just as things started to get tougher for him, a random guy sat down close to you and flirted with you.

"What's your name pretty?" He asked.

"She's already taken. Go get lost." Damon snapped. Picking a fight with a furious Damon wasn't a good idea at all, especially when it concerned his girl, and that he wasn't allowed to have a drink nor bear his fangs. Damon really wasn't in the mood to deal with a jackass like him, however, he didn't seem to understand that.

The man scoffed at Damon before turning back to you and grabbing your hand, which drove your boyfriend mad, to say the least. Damon stood from his seat and confronted the guy, his gaze burning with anger.

"What you gonna do?" The dude in front of him snickered. You surveyed Damon with an eagle eye, expecting him to erupt into a volcano and rip his head off.

Damon's fist clenched as though it would collide on his opponent's face, and his body tensed up, wrath distorting his face. You could sense that he was about to explode in any minute, go into full vampire mode and that the situation would soon degenerate or end up in bloodshed. However, Damon restrained himself and remained completely calm, much to your surprise. It took every inch of him to control himself and not tear the guy to shreds although the thought crossed his mind, he managed to behave. If it wasn't for the dare, Damon would've already sank his fangs into the guy's flesh and drank every drop of blood in his body until he collapsed on the ground, unconscious. 

Damon cussed under his breath and dragged you out of Mystic Grill.

"Not so easy to be human, huh?" You teased.

He inwardly groaned and wandered through the streets by your side, on the verge of breaking down. Only few hours elapsed by albeit it felt like an eternity, and Damon already thought about giving up the challenge, and returning back to Mystic Grill to lacerate the man's heart who hit on you. A wide smile grew on your face as you read the dreary expression plastered on his face. You were too distracted by him that you didn't even see the car hurling in the street at full tilt and nearly running over you. Luckily, Damon sped off towards you and shoved you towards the sidewalk just in time.

"Are you okay?" He questioned, stroking your hair.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." You mumbled, still in shock.

You stared at him as he looked back at you with concern, and tried to proceed what just occurred, until realization hit you.

"You owe me dinner." You smiled.

.