Imagine #34: Damon

A/N: a few people requested a part two for the last imagine I posted so here it is. if you haven't read the previous one yet, go ahead before you start this one. enjoy!

-

Imagine Damon deciding to come back to you after compelling you to forget him

Damon had erased every memory that you had of him. You used to be together, but for your own safety, he decided to keep himself out of your life despite how much he loved you. It was certainly one of the hardest decisions he had to take, but as much as he hated to admit it, he knew you were better off without him. You were often put in perilous situations, all because you had a vampire as a boyfriend, and Damon couldn't handle it. He wanted to protect you from any harm, but it was practically impossible, considering you were human and you lived in a town full of supernatural beings. It could be easy for you to get hurt and Damon wanted to avoid that, therefore he chose to let you go. 

But leaving you hurt him much more than he expected. 

He was miserable without you. He had never been attached to anyone before and losing you clearly wrecked him. It had been a few months since he ended your relationship, but it felt like an eternity to him. You might have forgotten about him completely, but he didn't. Nearly every night, he would drown his sorrow in booze to take his mind off you, but he couldn't. He was constantly thinking about you. He wasn't able to move on and he knew he could never recover from the pain he felt. He kept reminiscing about all the happy moments you shared. He deeply missed you and he regretted compelling you. You meant the world to him, but unfortunately, he was just another stranger to you. 

Little did he know things were bound to change.

Damon was at Mystic Grill as usual, gulping down his fourth glass of bourbon. He finished his drink and stood up from his seat, accidentally bumping into someone on his way out. He was so distracted that he didn't notice it was you.

"Hey, do I know you?" 

His heart skipped a beat at the sound of your voice. He looked up at you, but he quickly diverted his gaze elsewhere. He was panicking. He didn't know what to say.

"You look so familiar." You added.

"You must be confusing me with someone else." Damon mumbled before exiting Mystic Grill.

He headed home and locked himself up his room, wondering what just happened. He kept replaying your conversation in his head, even though you two barely spoke.

He rummaged through his drawers and found old pictures that you took together a while back. He sat on his bed and went through all of them. It had been a while since he last saw them and he couldn't help but shed a few tears. He finally came to the realization that he needed you. After pondering for over an hour, he made a decision.

It was time for him to confront you, so he went over to your house, still unsure of what to say to you. He rang the doorbell, and his entire body started shivering as he nervously waited outside of your home. His knees grew weak and and a wave of apprehension washed over him when you opened the door. He remained silent, his intense gaze piercing through your soul.

"Hey." He said after what seemed like years.

"Wait, you're that guy I saw at Mystic Grill." You stated.

He nodded his head and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I have to talk to you."

He stepped inside your house without even asking permission. 

"What the hell? What do you think you're doing? I didn't say you could come in." You frowned, crossing your arms.

"Look at me. Are you sure you don't know who I am?" He inquired.

You sighed and stared at him. 

"You do look like someone I used to know." You replied.

"Listen, what I'm about to say might sound crazy, but it's the truth."

He paused and let out a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm a vampire. We used to date, but it wasn't safe for you to be with me so I compelled you to forget me. But I truly regret it now. I shouldn't have done that. It was a mistake. I-I want you back." He stammered. 

You furrowed your brows in utter confusion and burst into laughter.

"Did you fall over and hit your head? How do you even know that I live here?" 

He walked over to you, getting as close to you as possible. You took a step back from him, hitting the wall behind you. He bore his eyes into yours before compelling you.

"Now you remember everything."

All the memories sank in, from the first time that you laid your eyes on him to the very last time that you talked to each other. A million of images flooded your mind, taking you back to those nights you spent together and those kisses you shared. Your entire relationship with Damon flashed before your eyes. All those moments you had together were now engraved in your brain.

"Damon?" You mumbled, opening your eyes.

His face molded into a grin and he engulfed you into a tight hug, tears escaping his eyes.

"I've missed you so much, you have no idea." He whispered, burying his face into your neck.

Your eyes grew wide as you tried to process everything. He looked back at you anxiously, afraid of your reaction. You had every reason to be mad at him and he dreaded that you wouldn't forgive him after what he did.

"You must think I'm so selfish now. I shouldn't even be here, but I couldn't help myself. I need you. I want you. I'm miserable without you Y/N. I love you so much. I'm so sorry for what I've done, I was a complete idiot for compelling you, I-"

You wrapped your arms around his neck and pressed your lips against his, cutting him off in the middle of his sentence. You pulled away after a few seconds and gazed into his eyes.

"I've missed this." He murmured.

You locked eyes with him and breathed out heavily.

"Turn me."

"W-what?" He stuttered, astounded by your words.

"I want you to turn me. If you're so afraid that I might get hurt, just turn me and we'll be together forever. I'm willing to give up my human life if it means being by your side for eternity." You explained.

"Is that what you truly want?" 

"It is." You answered.

He cupped your face in his large hands and kissed you eagerly, smiling against your lips.

"I love you. Forever and always."