Imagine #40: Enzo

A/N: this was requested, enjoy! :)

-

Imagine Enzo surprising you for your birthday and he sings you a song he wrote himself

When you first met Enzo, you instantly fell in love. There was something about him that attracted you. Perhaps it was his accent, or his humor, but either way, he somehow managed to weasel his way into your heart. It didn't take him long to realize he loved you. He never really confessed his feelings to you though. He wasn't good at expressing himself, especially when it came to you. He had already asked you on a date before and you even shared a few kisses, but you've never truly officialized your relationship. He was waiting for a special occasion and since it was your birthday, he obviously planned a surprise for you. He wanted to make sure you would remember that day forever. 

He also intended to finally admit his feelings to you, but instead of doing it the same old way, he decided to sing you a song he wrote himself. He had been working on it for a long time now. He poured out all his heart and feelings into it. The song meant a lot to him and he was hoping it would mean something to you too. He never sang in front of people before. It would be his first time to ever do something like this to a girl. He couldn't deny the fact that he was nervous, but at the same time, he was excited. He couldn't wait for you to finally hear the song tonight, for your birthday.

Throughout the whole day, all of your friends called you to wish you a happy birthday, but there was still one person who hadn't spoken to you: Enzo. It seemed like he had forgotten about you, and you were quite disappointed. You were at least expecting a call from him, but unfortunately, he didn't pick up the phone to say happy birthday.

Little did you know Enzo had prepared a birthday dinner for you, and he was impatiently waiting for you to come home.

After spending hours at your friend's house, you finally headed home. It was around 8 p.m. and you still hadn't gotten a phone call from Enzo. 

You walked up to your door and slid the key in the lock before entering inside your house. You felt your heart drop as you saw Enzo standing in front of you. There were balloons floating everywhere, and fairy lights were hanging from the ceiling.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous." Enzo smirked.

You instantly broke into a smile and hugged him tightly.

"Did you really think for a second I would forget your birthday?" He scoffed.

You grinned at him and intertwined your fingers with his.

"So how's your day been so far, darling?" He asked, leading you to the dining room.

"Great." You answered.

"Well, it's about to get even better." 

You entered inside the dining room, and you couldn't help but gasp at the sight in front of you. Two plates and a few candles were placed on the dining table. There were also rose petals spread all across the floor.

Enzo pulled out the chair for you and went to sit across from you.

"I'm no cooking chief, but I tried my best." He admitted.

You smiled before taking a bite of the meal Enzo had cooked for you. He watched you carefully as you chewed the food he made, trying to figure out whether you liked it or not.

"You don't have to pretend to like it. You can say it's disgusting. I won't get offended. Well, maybe a little." He mumbled.

"No, it's really good actually. I love it." You giggled.

He smiled at you. After you both finished your meals, Enzo brought out your birthday cake.

"Oh gosh, Enzo. You really didn't have to." You said.

"Of course I do! It's tradition. Birthday cake for my birthday girl." He smirked, causing you to melt on the inside.

He placed the cake in the middle of the table. You looked up at him and opened your mouth to say something, but before you could, Enzo smashed the cake into your face. You let out a small shriek while Enzo burst out laughing.

"I knew you would do something like this!"

"I'm sorry, darling. I couldn't help myself." He chuckled.

He grabbed some tissues and wiped the whipped cream off your face. The silence lingered for a few minutes before Enzo spoke up.

"I have something for you."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a diamond necklace. You gasped and stared at the jewelry in awe. 

"It's so beautiful." You whispered.

He smiled. You turned around and lifted up your hair as he clasped the necklace around your neck. You glanced down at your chest and thanked Enzo.

"There's one more thing I have to show you."

He intertwined his hand with yours and dragged you into your living room. He grabbed his guitar from the couch and you both sat by the fireplace.

"What are you doing?" You asked, confused.

"I've never been good with words. So, I wrote you a song and I want you to hear it." He said softly.

He started strumming his guitar and then he sang the first line of his song. Your heart melted at the sound of his voice. It was soft yet deep. You listened carefully to the words coming out of his mouth and you suddenly realized he was confessing his feelings to you through the song. Every lyric had a meaning behind it. You could tell he had put all his soul into this song. You watched him with wide eyes. You could feel yourself falling deeper in love with him every passing second. You had never seen this side of Enzo, and you were quite impressed to say the least. 

When he finished singing, he looked at you and waited for your reaction.

"Did you like it?"

You didn't utter a word. You just sat there and gazed at him, unable to speak. You were completely astonished. 

"I know it's cheesy, but I didn't know how to confess my love to you, which is why I decided to write you that song. I truly love you Y/N." He said.

You jumped into his arms and crashed your lips against his. You had already kissed him before, but this time it felt different. The kiss was passionate. 

You pulled away to catch your breath and looked intently into his eyes, a smile plastered on your face.

"I love you too, Enzo."

He smiled back at you and kissed you once more. This was definitely the best birthday you've ever had.