Imagine #4 : Jeremy

Imagine camping with Jeremy

You and Jeremy planned to go camping for the weekend in order to step out from the virtual world that you usually both immerse in, and enter real life. What better way to unplug from electronics and connect with the nature than camping? Albeit it had its downsides such as bugs constantly droning in your ears and sunburns, overall, you loved it.

You sat around the bonfire that Jeremy lit, roasting marshmallows as wild flames flickered, sparks scattering in the cold air and blazing glows flaring in the dusk. Warmth emanated from the burning logs yet the glacial breeze still blew through, sending chills down your spine. Your boyfriend noticed you quivering, and being his usual cute self, he wrapped a blanket around you. You smiled at him, thankful for his thoughtful gesture, and savored your s'mores while cocooning your body under the coat.

"Ow! It's hot!" Jeremy whined, spitting out the marshmallow that he put in his mouth a second ago.

"Idiot." You mumbled, an amused smile tugging on your lips.

"I heard you."

"You know, maybe you should stop eating. You've nearly finished the whole bag of marshmallows."

Offended by your comment, he glared at you and unduly filled his mouth with the rest of the marshmallows.

"Yeah, well now it's completely empty." He chuckled, almost choking himself.

You couldn't help but laugh at his goofiness.

You enjoyed having moments like these and spending quality time with your boyfriend, just the two of you alone. You loved each other's company, and going on a excursion together for a whole weekend sounded like a lot of fun. Indeed, it was. You stayed up nearly all night, discussing and stuffing your face with snacks to which resulted in stomach ache.

Since it was getting late and Jeremy felt utterly exhausted, you both went to sleep in your tent, which you spent an outrageous lapse of time to set up. Muffled into your sleeping bag, you closed your eyes and strove to fall asleep, but in vain. You glanced at Jeremy, who immersed into a peaceful slumber and snored excruciatingly loud. Earmuffs would've come in handy. He successfully managed to drift off to sleep in a matter of time whilst you, on the other hand, remained undeniably wide awake, wishing to indulge in dreams. You kept shifting in attempt to find a comfortable position, yet your body refused to let you doze and enjoy the comfort that your covers provided. 

Just as you finally started to drowse, a heavy noise jolted you out. You chose to ignore it and allow yourself to rest, but another sound disturbed the silence, which quite fretted you. Your brain ran amok imagining all sorts of crazy scenarios as you tried to figure out what or who could be wandering in the woods in the middle of the night. Who knows what lurks in there- it could be anything. Since negative thoughts kept rushing through your mind, you gently nudged Jeremy to wake him up, although he reminded you quite often how much he hated to be stirred from his slumber. He has always been a heavy sleeper, therefore it took him awhile before he finally arouse, much to his dismay.

"What's wrong?" He asked rather loudly, still drowsy.

"Shhh! Don't be so loud or you're gonna get us killed." You whispered, afraid that the intruder outside might hear you both.

"What are you talking about?" He inquired, thinking that you've gone insane.

"I heard something coming from outside." 

"Oh, maybe it's Bigfoot."

"I'm not joking." You declared sternly.

"It's nothing, don't worry. Go back to sleep."

"Jer, I swear I heard something."

"Fine. I'll go see what it is. Stay here." He demanded, grabbing his flashlight before exiting the tent and leaving you in utter doubt.

You anxiously waited for Jeremy's return as distress swallowed you whole. Only a couple of minutes elapsed by though it seemed like an eternity of torment, and you began to worry about your boyfriend's absence. You told yourself not to jump into conclusions, but after a couple of minutes, a surge of concern washed over you, and you decided to take the matter in your own hands. You plucked your courage and ventured outside with only a lantern as a source of light. You strolled through the excessive abundance of trees and searched for Jeremy, keeping your guard up in case a nocturnal creature emerged out of the blue. You can never be too safe, especially in this cursed town where all types of supernatural beings live in. Your eyes peered through the dimness and your feet stomped on the ground, leading you further into the forest. You couldn't care less about smearing your slippers with mud. The moon gleamed in the starry sky and owls hooted in screechy harmony, which quite frightened you. Roaming the forest alone and in total darkness might not be the smartest idea, however, you cast aside your fear. You marched straight ahead of you, but stopped dead in your tracks when you sensed someone following you.

You scanned the zone and tempted to discern the culprit yet no one seemed to be thereabouts. You momentarily thought that maybe your imagination was playing tricks on you or that your lack of sleep made you hallucinate. Suddenly, you heard a branch crack, which raised suspicions from you. This time, you were convinced that something roved in the woods. 

"Jeremy, is that you?" You murmured, your voice barely audible.

The silence almost perturbed you. Your heart palpitated at breakneck speed, fearing that something bad was bound to happen.

"Boo!"

Startled by the sudden surprise, you screamed, until you recognized the familiar face that you've kissed so many times in front of you.

"Jeremy! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" You grumbled, realizing you've fallen in his trap.

"Well, I told you to stay inside the tent." He chuckled.

"Whatever. Let's go back to sleep."

When you reached back your tent, you saw a raccoon nibbling the provision that you and Jeremy brought. Then realization hit you, and you automatically understood that the odd noises you heard earlier hailed from this animal who greedily guzzled the food that you left near your camp.

"You woke me up for that!" Jeremy exclaimed.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I didn't know."

"It's eating my chips!" He groaned, shooing the mammal away.

"Aw, how unfair." You said sarcastically with a lopsided grin plastered on your face.

-

Hello! What did you think of this imagine? I would love to see some feedback. Also, leave me requests in the comments or send them through pm.

-Yousra