Imagine #26: Jeremy

Imagine Jeremy being your secret admirer

Jeremy had a deep crush on you. Indeed, he fell in love with you the second he laid his eyes on you. He wanted to ask you out, but the fear of being rejected held him back, therefore he kept his feelings for himself. But deep down inside, it killed him not being able to call you his. He desperately wanted you. Although he was too shy to look you in the eye and confess his love for you, he found a more subtle way to let you know how he truly felt. Instead of actually speaking to you directly, he decided to text you anonymously.

It all started when you received an unknown text from someone. At the beginning, you weren't sure whether you should reply or not, but you ended up doing it anyway, and ever since, you've been talking to this stranger for weeks now. You had absolutely no clue what he looked like or what was his name since he refused to reveal his identity. All you knew was that he went to the same school as you. You texted each other quite often and quickly grew close. You instantly clicked the moment you started talking, and you learned a lot about one another. Although you had no idea who he was, you felt like you could trust him. It seemed like you've known him your entire life, when in reality, you've just  'met' him. He was sweet, funny and he truly understood you, but there was still one thing that bothered you; he wouldn't tell you who he was. 

No matter how many times you've asked him his name, he always ignored your question and changed subject. Jeremy didn't want you to find out his real identity simply because he dreaded that you would stop talking to him if you ever knew it was him. 

But you would find out sooner than you thought.

You were at school, walking through the hallways. You reached your locker and opened it, watching as an envelope fell to your feet. You knelt down and grabbed it, tearing the letter open. It was nicely written in ink. You started reading the paper and realized the person who had written it was confessing their feelings to you.

Your friend Elena suddenly appeared by your side and frowned as she saw the letter in your hands.

"What's this?" 

"Uh, nothing." You replied, trying to hide the letter behind yourself.

She giggled and managed to snatch it from your hands. She read the first line and erupted into an uncontrollable laughter.

"So your mysterious romantic stalker wrote a poem to you, that's cute." She teased.

"Ugh, don't start again please."

"Fine, I didn't say anything." She replied, a grin hanging up by her lips.

After school, you went to the Gilbert's dwelling to meet up with Elena since you had to work on a project together. You rang the doorbell and within a few seconds, Jeremy opened the door.

"Hey, is Elena here?"

He stared at you, speechless. At this very moment, his brain froze. He never found the courage to speak to you in person. He was used of talking to you over text, but seeing you standing in front of him only made him panic. He lost all of his senses, and he could hardly formulate a sentence.

"Uh, y-yeah, she's here. I think." He replied after what felt like an eternity of silence.

Luckily for him, Elena came downstairs, saving him from this uncomfortable situation.

She smiled as she saw you and motioned you to follow her. You felt Jeremy's intense gaze on you as you turned your back on him. He couldn't seem to keep his eyes off you and even Elena noticed it.

You quickly went upstairs, making your way into Elena's bedroom. She closed the door behind her and looked at you in disbelief.

"Did you see how he was staring at you? Something's up with him." She said.