Imagine #33: Damon

A/N: I got requests for another sad imagine so hope you like this, and I apologize for the long wait, I was busy with homeworks and exams!

-

Imagine Damon being so worried about losing you

Damon was not one to love easily, but from the second he set his eyes on you, he fell for you. You two grew close and started dating soon after confessing your feelings to each other. You were in madly in love and there was nothing that could ever change that. However, not every love story has a happy ending, not even yours.

Dating a vampire often put your life in jeopardy. Living in Mystic Falls was already hard enough, but being Damon's girlfriend only complicated things even more. You were human and you didn't stand a chance against a vampire. Most of the time, you would get dragged into crazy and hazardous missions. You had to face dangerous situations on a daily basis and at some point, you grew used to it.

But Damon didn't approve any of it. He didn't want to see you get hurt. He would be crushed if he ever lost you. He couldn't even bear the thought. He vowed himself to protect you and shield you from any harm, but it was an extremely difficult task, almost impossible, considering you lived in a town roamed by supernatural creatures. 

Damon taught you how to defend yourself, but he was still constantly worrying about your safety. He dreaded that one day, something horrible would happen to you, and he could never forgive himself for it. He felt quite guilty for putting your life in peril and he even contemplated to stay away from you, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He truly loved you. He couldn't just leave you.

The love you shared was genuine and pure. You couldn't imagine yourself being with someone else. Damon completed you and even if dating him implied taking risks, it was definitely worth it. You were willing to make sacrifices just to be with him. You didn't mind though because after all, you quite loved danger. Having a vampire as a boyfriend made your life way more exciting. 

You barely got time to yourselves since you were constantly dealing with evil doppelgangers and vampires. However today, you finally had the chance to relax. You decided to spend the day at home, cuddling and watching movies: something that you hardly ever did.

"I'll go make popcorn." You said as Damon was putting on a DVD.

You got up from the couch and headed over to the kitchen. Just as you were about to open the pantry, you felt someone roughly grab your arm. You spun around, realizing it wasn't Damon, and you let out a scream. Your boyfriend hurried to go see what was wrong, but he came a few seconds late. You were already gone.

You looked around you, noticing you were in a different house.

"I didn't think it would be that easy to kidnap you."

You flinched as a girl suddenly appeared in front of you.

"Who are you?" You asked, your voice full of fear.

"I didn't give you permission to talk, did I?" She answered.

"What do you want with me?"

She rolled her eyes and ignored your question.

"Why am I here?" You repeated firmly this time.

"Enough with the questions!" She yelled.

She shoved you against the wall, gripping you by the neck. Your feet left the floor as she tightened her grip on you, almost choking you. After a few seconds, she finally removed her hand from your neck and you abruptly hit the floor.

"Don't say another word or I'll rip your throat out."

You glared at her, but remained silent.

"Your boyfriend killed the love of my life a while back and now I finally have the opportunity to get revenge."

Fear instantly swept over you, your heart nearly bouncing out of your chest.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. Not yet." She smirked, grabbing you by the shirt.

She bore her fangs and sank them deeply into your neck, slowly draining every single drop of blood from your body. You fought back and tried to release yourself from her grasp, but you couldn't manage to do it. 

Meanwhile, Damon was at home, panicking. He called you multiple times, but you weren't picking up the phone and it only made him fret even more. He knew you were in danger and it killed him not being able to help you. He looked everywhere in the town, but since he couldn't find you, he asked Bonnie to make a connection with you and use the locator spell in order to track you down.

After a while, Damon finally managed to locate you and he came just in time. Anger instantly seized him as he caught the vampire who abducted and tortured you.

"You will regret hurting her." He spat.

In a fluid motion, he pushed the girl away from you and drove a stake through her heart as he had done it many times. He then ran up to you and bit his wrist, feeding you his blood to cure your wound. You could barely stand on your feet, therefore he picked you up and brought you home.

He laid you down in your bed, wrapping blankets around you, and let you rest. He was relieved that nothing had happened to you, but he knew he couldn't take any more risks. You already went through so much and it was all because you were dating him. He couldn't be with you anymore, and even though it hurt to say it, he knew it was the right choice to make. He had thought about it for a long time, but he never dared to talk about it until now.

He made his way to your room and sat at the edge of your bed. He watched you sleep in complete awe, and for a moment, he doubted his decision. He didn't want to leave you. He laid down next to you and intertwined his fingers with yours. You opened your eyes as you felt his hand touch yours, and you broke into a smile. 

"Are you feeling better?" He asked, concern in his voice.

You nodded your head.

"Sure?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine." You replied.

He heaved a sigh and averted his gaze from you.

"What's wrong?"

"Y/N, I don't know how to say it. I-"

He paused and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I-I can't be with you anymore. Not after everything that happened." He stuttered, his voice cracking.

You could tell he was in pain.

"What? Why?" You frowned.

"It's too dangerous for you and I can't risk losing you." He explained, avoiding eye contact.

"You won't." You said.

"I almost did today. And it was because of me! Everything that has ever happened to you is because of me! I brought all my problems into your life. You're better off without me."

"Damon, don't. Please." You sobbed.

His heart broke at the sound of your voice. He looked deep into your eyes and caressed your cheeks. He strove not to cry, but he couldn't help himself. 

"I love you so much Y/N, more than anything and I always will. Gosh, I wish I wouldn't have to say this, but I can't be in your life anymore."

Tears escaped from his eyes as he compelled you.

"Forget we ever dated, forget we ever met, forget about me." 

He kissed your forehead one last time and in the blink of an eye, he was gone. Forever.