Imagine #37: Klaus

Imagine being in a secret relationship with Klaus and having to hide it from everyone

You and Klaus had been secretly dating for months now and yet no one knew about it. You tried to keep it a secret as much as you could, but it was much harder than you expected. You couldn't even go out in public without fearing that someone you know might see you together. You even set a few rules to ensure that your relationship remained private. You weren't allowed to smile at each other, hold hands or talk for more than five minutes in public, otherwise people would start suspecting something. You had to be extremely discreet and it wasn't an easy task. You almost got caught once and you didn't want that to happen again. But as weeks went by, it became a burden. You were lying to everyone and guilt was slowly eating you alive. It was almost like you were leading a double life. You somehow managed to get away with this secret, but you knew the lies would eventually catch up with you.

You weren't ready to confess yet. Many people in town hated Klaus and you were afraid of how your friends would react if they ever discovered that you were dating him. You knew they wouldn't approve your relationship at all, especially your two brothers. Indeed, being a Salvatore complicated things even more. Damon and Stefan truly despised Klaus. You couldn't imagine what they would say if they knew the truth, therefore you chose to not tell them.

Everyone warned you to stay away from Klaus from the moment he set foot in Mystic Falls, but you didn't listen. He somehow managed to get under your skin and you couldn't help but fall in love. Your feelings for him kept growing with each passing day, and there was nothing you could do to stop it. You were fully aware of the risks and the consequences of dating him, but you didn't really care at the time. That was until you realized how dangerous it could be for you. Klaus had many enemies and if they knew that you were his girlfriend, they wouldn't hesitate to hurt you. Your boyfriend couldn't bear the thought, which is why you both decided to keep your relationship a secret.

You were casually laying in your bed, muffled under your covers, half asleep. You suddenly heard a loud sound. You looked up and let out a shriek as you saw a figure appear in front of you. You couldn't see who it was since you had turned off the lights.

"I see you're really excited to see me."

You sighed in relief as you recognized Klaus' voice.

"You scared me! What the hell are you even doing here?" You whispered.

"I came to see you since you've been avoiding me all day."

You took a deep breath, meeting his gaze.

"We're not supposed to be seen together in public, remember?"

"Then when am I allowed to see you?" He replied, pinning you against the wall.

He gazed at you for a few seconds before crashing his lips against yours. You ran your fingers through his hair as his hands moved down to your waist. Shivers coursed through your body as he deepened the kiss. Just as he was about to take off your shirt, you heard footsteps coming up the stairs. You cursed under your breath and pushed Klaus off you. He quickly hid in your closet while you just hopped into your bed and grabbed a book from your nightstand, pretending to read.

Your brother Damon barged inside your room and stared at you in confusion.

"Is it just me going crazy or I heard Klaus' voice?" He asked you.

"Yeah, you're going crazy. I'm reading, Damon." You lied.

He gave you a suspicious look before walking away.

You waited till he left before getting up. Klaus walked out from your closet and looked at you innocently.

"Shall we pick up from where we left off?" He smirked.

"You need to leave. Now." You said firmly.

He sighed in defeat. You opened your window and watched as he jumped out, vanishing into thin air.

You breathed out heavily and laid down on your bed, trying to process everything that happened. Within a few minutes, you fell asleep.

The next day, you awoke to the sound of the doorbell. You crawled out of bed and went to open the door. There was no one. You looked down and saw an envelope on the ground. You picked it up and quickly read the letter. It was an invitation to the Mikaelson's ball which was taking place this evening. Klaus was supposed to accompany you and as much as you wanted to, you weren't sure whether you would go with him or not. Many of your friends and even your brothers would be attending the ball too and you certainly didn't want them to find out that you were Klaus' date.

Since the ball was in a few hours, you hurried to the mall to buy a dress. Once you were done shopping, you finally headed home and started getting ready. Just as you were putting on your high heels, you heard the doorbell ring for the second time today. You opened the door and grinned as you saw Klaus. He was wearing a tux and he had a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Luckily, your brothers weren't home, otherwise they would've freaked out.

"You look gorgeous love." He admitted.

You broke into a smile and thanked him.

"This is really sweet, Klaus. I really appreciate it." You answered, grabbing the bouquet of flowers.

"It's my pleasure. Are you ready?"

"Klaus, I don't know if this is a good idea to go together. Everyone is gonna be there and if they see me with you, they'll know something is up." 

"Please love?" He insisted.

You could tell he was disappointed and you felt quite guilty. He had taken the time to buy you flowers and show up at your house to pick you up, but you were turning him down. You glanced at him, unsure of what to say. The silence fell for a few seconds until you finally decided to speak.

"Alright, forget what I said. I'm going with you. But we'll have to sneak in and be discreet."

He smiled and intertwined his fingers with you, leading you to his car. You hopped into the passenger seat, and Klaus quickly drove to the Mikaelson's mansion.

Once you arrived there, you made sure to avoid getting noticed. You discreetly entered inside the ballroom as Klaus escorted you through the crowd.

You diverted your gaze towards him and grinned. He grabbed your hand and twirled you around. You giggled and wrapped your arms around his neck as he placed his hands on your waist. You both danced as music played in the background. He couldn't tear his eyes off you and neither could you. You both got completely lost in the moment that you didn't even realize that everyone was watching you two.

You suddenly felt someone touch your shoulder. You spun around and cursed as you saw your brothers standing in front of you.

"Y/N?" Stefan gasped in shock, looking at you and Klaus.

"You've got to be kidding me! Why the hell are you with him?" Damon asked, furrowing his brows.

This time, you couldn't flee the situation. They had to face the truth, whether they liked it or not. You took a deep breath before saying something you thought you would never say. 

"I'm dating Klaus and I honestly don't care what people think anymore. I don't need anyone's approval on my relationship. I love him and that's what really matters to me." You confessed.

Klaus stared at you in surprise, and your siblings were speechless. You turned over to your boyfriend and crashed your lips against his, causing Damon to groan in disgust. But you couldn't care less.

"I love you too." Klaus smiled.