His fear

Stefan : becoming the ripper. He fears that someday, at one point, the world would come crashing down on him, and he might turn off his humanity in order to escape the cruelty that reality is. He did it in the past when he went through a difficult period, and still regrets it to this day. He killed tons of innocents, completely careless about his actions and all the havoc he wreaked. Luckily, your boyfriend has you to keep him from going off the rails. 

Damon : losing you. Quite frankly, he can't imagine living without you. You came into his life unexpectedly, and then everything changed. Things seemed brighter with you, all the pain he felt suddenly faded away, and you triggered the spark of hope that was buried deep inside of him under the misery. Overall, you bring him pure joy, you always manage to make him smile, and he will forever be thankful for that. He loves you so much, and the thought of not having you by his side frightens him. It would be like throwing away his happiness. 

Jeremy : someone hurting you. You live in a town full of potent supernatural beings, which means your life is constantly in jeopardy. Although your boyfriend endeavors to protect you from an imminent danger, a completely unexpected event could occur and put you in an ominous situation. The thought of you being injured or kidnapped by an enemy frightens him. For that reason, Jer always carries a wooden stake under his sleeve in case a vampire assaults either of you. He worries a lot about you, and sometimes he can get unduly protective too, only because he fears that something may happen to you.

Klaus : people catching him cry. He doesn't want to be seen weak, in his most vulnerable position in fear of destroying his reputation. He always strives to control/contain himself whenever he feels tears brimming his eyes, but sometimes, things overwhelm him and as a normal 'human' being, he eventually reaches his breaking point. He rarely ever gets emotional, but when he does, he tries to hide it and avoid everyone. Klaus refuses to let his sentimental side show, because according to his words, it would be a shame.

Kol : spiders. He always claims that nothing scares him, but whenever he sees one, he always freaks out for some odd reasons. How could an Original vampire possibly be afraid of a small, harmless arachnid? The world may never know. Sometimes, you tell him that you found a spider just to get funny reactions from him and laugh at his wild behavior: his face grows ghostly white, his eyes almost fall off from their sockets, and in less than five seconds, he is already out of the dwelling. If your boyfriend ever sees a cobweb in the corner of the wall, he would literally burn the house down if you weren't here to impede him.

Elijah : disappointing you. He fears that someday, he may make a mistake or a decision that he will regret forever, and perhaps, deceive you. He doesn't want to let you down, he vows himself to stand by your side whenever you need him, and help you surmount hard times, however, sometimes something comes in the way, which makes it difficult for him to always be there for you. Though obstacles often hamper his path, your boyfriend would go out of his way just for you. Elijah hates breaking his promises, especially when it concerns you, considering he is a man of his word. He wouldn't forgive himself if he ever did.

Kai : you leaving him for someone else. He thinks that someday, you might replace him by a guy better than him. All of his life, he has been rejected by his own family, and after spending years in utter isolation, he never imagined that anyone would love him like you do. You stood by his side through thick and thin, offered him company when he felt utterly alone, and helped him regain his confidence, things that no one ever granted him. He realized how much you meant to him, and starting from this moment, you became such an important part of his life, which is why he keeps you close to his heart. Albeit you often remind him that you won't walk away from him, the thought of you abandoning him still haunts his mind.

-

Sorry for the delay, I was busy studying for all the exams I have this week. Hope you enjoyed this preference! Leave requests/ideas for imagines.