Imagine #27: Elijah

Imagine finding out Elijah is in love with you by reading his diary

Elijah was deeply in love with you. He usually didn't get attached to people too easily, let alone fall in love, but it was different this time. You instantly caught his eye from the moment you met him, and ever since, you never left his mind. He always found himself thinking about you, dreaming about you and wishing he could be yours someday. All those feelings were obviously new to him, but after a while, he finally understood that he had fallen for you.

However, he wasn't ready to confess to you yet. You were a close friend of his, but he decided to keep his feelings bottled up inside since he was afraid of telling you how he truly felt. The only way he found to express himself was through his diary. Every day, he wrote down about how much he loved you. He often spent hours just writing about you and pouring his heart out, thinking no one would ever find his diary and read it.

But he was wrong.

You were on your way to the Mikaelson's mansion since Kol had called you and asked you to pass by for an urgency.

Once you arrived, you rang the doorbell and within a few seconds, Kol opened the door, letting you in.

"I was in the middle of watching my favorite TV show. This better be important. So why did you want me to come?" You asked him.

"It is quite important. I need to show you something." He replied.

He went upstairs and walked down the hall as you followed him behind. He entered inside Elijah's room and rummaged through the drawers of his dresser.

"What the hell are you doing? Elijah's not here. You shouldn't be touching his stuff."

He ignored your remark and pulled out a small book from the drawers.

"What is it?"

"It's Elijah's diary. You should read it."

"Are you crazy? It's not mine! Put that back Kol or I'm going to tell him."

"Elijah's not here, darling. C'mon, just one page."

You shook your head and crossed your arms, frowning. 

"He wrote a lot of things about you." Kol declared, immediately piquing your interest.

"Wait, really?"

He nodded his head, his lips curling into a smirk. 

You hesitantly looked at him then back to the journal he was holding. You were curious to know what Elijah had written about you, but at the same time, you knew that if you read it, you would be violating his privacy. You certainly didn't want to lose Elijah's trust nor his friendship. He might not even forgive you for what you were about to do. However, curiosity was slowly eating you alive and you just couldn't help yourself.

You hesitantly grabbed the book from Kol's hands and opened it, reading the first page.

Y/N is so beautiful in every single way. I love everything about her; her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her lips, her personality mostly. She's perfect. I've never met anyone like her. 

Your eyes grew wide as you continued to read.

She makes me so happy. I'm beyond lucky to have her in my life. I wish she would know how much I love her and how much she means to me. I think I've fallen in love with her, but I'm afraid to tell her. What if she doesn't feel the same way?

You quickly flickered through the pages and realized the entire diary was about you. You could feel your heart pounding against your chest and for a second, you thought you were hallucinating. A million of thoughts and questions raced through your mind as you tried to process the news. You were both shocked and happy at the same time. 

He was so in love you, from the very beginning, and you didn't even notice.

"Y/N? Are you listening to me?" Kol asked, snapping you back to reality.

"This isn't real. It can't be." You mumbled to yourself.

"He's crazy about you, Y/N. I've never seen Elijah in love before, but he definitely is." Kol said.

"Why are you in my room?"

You jumped as you recognized the voice. You lift your eyes up and saw Elijah standing in front of you.

"Didn't I already tell you not to come in here? Do you ever listen to what I say?" Elijah grumbled, glaring at his sibling.

You exchanged glances with Kol, hiding the journal behind your back. You were panicking on the inside, and Elijah immediately sensed it.

"What's going on? Am I missing something?" He questioned. 

You nervously shifted from foot to foot, avoiding any eye contact.

Elijah stared at you and waited for your answer, confusion written all over his face.

"W-we read your, uh, diary." You admitted ashamedly. 

"It was her idea, not mine." Kol added.

You rolled your eyes and opened your mouth to say something, but then decided not to. The situation was already bad, you didn't want to start an argument and make things worse. After all, you couldn't blame Kol; he didn't force you to read Elijah's diary. You chose to do it.

"You read my diary?" Elijah asked, his voice barely audible.

"I'm so sorry, Elijah. I truly am. I should've not done this. It was wrong and I apologize for doing that."

"You were going to find out eventually. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it." Kol said.

You took a deep breath and glared at Kol.

"Alright, I'm just going to leave you both alone." Kol mumbled, exiting the room.

The silence fell as you anxiously looked at Elijah, not knowing what to say. He seemed embarrassed and uncomfortable. He wasn't the type of guy to be shy, but when it came to you, it was another story. He had never imagined that his diary would end up in your hands, but it happened, and he didn't know what to do nor say.

After what felt like an eternity, you finally decided to speak.

"Is it true? Do you really love me?"

"Yes... I do." Elijah replied, looking everywhere but you.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It would've not made a difference."

"You're wrong, Elijah. I do love you. More than just a friendly way."

His eyes brightened up and a small grin slowly appeared on his face.

"You do?"

You nodded your head and smiled back at him. He slowly leaned in, his lips almost making contact with yours, when Kol suddenly barged inside the room, interrupting your moment.

"You can thank me later." He smirked.