Imagine #25: Kol

Imagine Kol secretly loving you, but you're already dating someone else

You've been in a relationship for a while now, and over the time, you and your boyfriend started to drift apart. Things between you two used to be so much more easier and brighter, but not anymore. You constantly argued, even over the most insignificant details. It seemed like your relationship had lost its spark and was now falling apart, and every time you tried to mend back the broken pieces, it only aggravated the situation even more. You couldn't even start a conversation without fighting, and most of the time, you ended up in tears. You were clearly hurting each other, and the longer you kept this relationship going, the more it destroyed you. You knew how wrong and unhealthy it was for you, yet for some reasons, you still chose to stay with him.

You couldn't bring yourself to end this relationship because after all, you loved your boyfriend, or so you thought. Your friends kept telling you to break up with him, but you didn't listen. You still held onto the hope that things may work out between you two and that everything would eventually go back the way they used to be.

Luckily, you could count on Kol to make you feel better. Whenever you got in an argument with your boyfriend, you would call Kol, and he would immediately come over to comfort you. He always found a way to lift up your mood, and to be completely honest, without him, you would be miserable. He was the one who pulled you through your saddest moments and dried up your tears. He truly cared about you. Your happiness was the only thing that mattered to him. He obviously didn't approve the relationship you were in because he knew how unhappy it made you. He hated to see you sad, but what he hated even more was the way your boyfriend treated you. Kol loved you, more than a friendly way, but he never found the courage to say it.

After all the time you spent with him, you started to grow feelings for him and fell in love without even realizing it. He made you happy, something that your boyfriend couldn't manage to do, not anymore. But you were still determined to fix your relationship. 

You both decided to sit down and talk things out, hoping to clear out the tension between you two and finally be happy with each other, but you were so wrong to think that would ever happen. The conversation somehow turned into a huge argument within only a few minutes.

"Why are you still talking with that guy Kol? I always see you with him!" Your boyfriend yelled.

"Because he's my best friend! At least he cares about me!" You retorted.

"I do care about you!"

"Well, you really have a weird way of showing it." You mumbled.

"Don't you see we're always fighting? We're in a toxic relationship. This has to end."

"Fine. It's over. We're over."

He grabbed the lamp that was sitting on the table next to him and smashed it into the wall, groaning loudly. He then took his jacket and left your house, slamming the door behind him. 

You fell down on your knees as tears escaped from your eyes and streamed down your face. You pulled out your phone from your pocket and dialed Kol's number, your hands shaking.

"Hello, darling. How are things going?"

"Kol, c-can you come over p-please?" You stuttered.

His heart broke into a million of pieces at the sound of your voice.

"Of course, Y/N. I'm on my way now."

Within ten minutes, Kol was standing on the threshold of your house, ringing the doorbell. You opened the door to him and lightly smiled as you saw Kol smiling back at you. He noticed your eyes were red from crying too much and his grin instantly faded. It killed him to see you in this state.