Imagine #24: Kol

Imagine having a crush on Kol, but you refuse to admit so he teases you until you confess your feelings

Ever since you met Kol, you fell in love with him. You knew it was wrong, but it happened so unexpectedly and there was nothing that you could do to change things. Your friends had warned you to stay away from him, but he managed to get under your skin, and now you couldn't keep him off your mind. You decided to hide the feelings you had for him, because you feared that if the word got out, everyone would tease you about it and even judge you. You were quite afraid of what people would think of you if they ever found out that you were in love with Kol. Besides, having a crush on a vampire already made your life even more complicated so you figured out keeping your feelings to yourself was the right thing to do.

However, as days went by, your love for him only grew bigger, and it became harder for you to pretend that it didn't exist. As much as you wanted to restrain yourself from loving him, you weren't able to do it. It was something that you couldn't control and it truly frustrated you. 

At the beginning, Kol couldn't tell you had a crush on him, but the signs slowly started to show. You always stumbled over your words whenever you spoke to him, blushed when he complimented you or felt nervous around him. Kol had noticed all of those little things and eventually discovered the secret that you had kept for so long. Ever since, he would always tease you about it. 

You did love him, but you always denied it and dodged the question whenever Kol asked you about it. But that certainly didn't stop him from teasing you. He wanted to make sure that you were indeed in love with him, and in order to believe it, he needed to hear the words come out from your mouth.

You hadn't see him for the past weeks since you've been avoiding him, and just as you started to think that he might have left town, he suddenly popped out of nowhere. You were supposed to meet your friend Caroline at Mystic Grill and Kol just so happened to be there too.

You cursed under your breath as you saw him, your heart pounding against your chest. You dropped your head down and went to sit at a table, hoping he wouldn't notice you, although a part of you was wishing the complete opposite.  

Kol smirked as his gaze fell upon you, and he decided to go talk to you. He got up from his seat and walked over to your table, sitting down across from you.

"Hello, darling." He grinned.

"Leave me alone, Kol." You muttered.

"Did I hit a nerve?" He chuckled.

You ignored him and simply rolled your eyes.

"May I offer you a drink?"

Your heart was telling you to say yes, but you somehow managed to decline his offer.

"No. I'm waiting for a friend. You should go."

"Don't lie to yourself, Y/N. We both know you enjoy my company." He smirked.

"Stop being so cocky." You scoffed.

"I'm just stating the truth."

"You're just making false assumptions."

"What is he doing here?"

You turned around and saw Caroline standing behind you, arms crossed.

"You should tell her the truth." Kol said, earning a glare from you.

Caroline looked at you and waited for your explanation, confusion written all over her face. Your gaze flickered between Caroline and Kol as you wondered what to say. You stood up and quickly left.

You headed home, and went straight into your room, laying down on your bed. You stared at the ceiling, trying to process everything that just happened, when you heard someone call your name. You glanced to your side and came face to face with Kol.

"Kol? What the hell are you doing here?" You yelled.

"Why did you run away earlier?"

You remained silent and avoided eye contact.

"I know you feel something for me. Just admit it." He declared.

"I don't."

"Really? Look me in the eye and say it again."

The silence fell once again, and you shifted uncomfortably as Kol waited for you to say something.

He walked over to you and you hesitantly stepped back, almost hitting the wall behind you. He stared intently into your eyes, his body inches away from yours. Your breath got caught in your throat, and you felt like your heart was about to jump out from your chest.

"Then why your heart is racing right now? I can hear it. Do you really have no feelings for me?" He asked, slowly leaning in.

You stuttered, trying to form a complete sentence, and completely failed. Kol's lips were grazing over yours, but you managed to resist him and pull away. You pushed him and nervously paced around your room as Kol looked at you, clearly confused. You turned to face him and inhaled deeply before saying something you thought you would never dare to say.

"I don't know why you want to hear me say it, but yes, I'm in love with you, okay? It doesn't even matter, it's not like you care."

"You're wrong Y/N. I do."

He grabbed your face and crashed his lips against yours, but this time you didn't fight back. You let yourself enjoy the moment although it lasted a few seconds. Kol pulled away from your embrace and gazed into your eyes, his hand caressing your cheek.

"I love you too."

-

A/N: This imagine is shorter than my usual ones, but hope you still enjoyed!