Imagine #21: Kai

Imagine Kai asks you to stay at your place and becomes your roommate

Ever since Kai settled down in town, he immediately caught your eye. You started to develop feelings for him until you discovered that he was a sociopath. Your life was already complicated enough, especially with all the supernatural drama in Mystic Falls, you didn't need some psycho guy to make a mess out of it. He was a lot of trouble, and for that reason, you weren't willing to get involved with him, although deep down inside of you, you still felt something for him. Therefore, you tried as much as possible to avoid him, yet somehow, Kai always found an excuse to hang out with you. Your apartment was basically the only place that you could enjoy some time alone without being followed by him, or so you thought.

On a Sunday night, as you watched your favorite TV show, the doorbell rang. You got out of your bed and went to open the door, only to reveal Kai's beautiful face. 

"Hey." He smirked.

"How did you find where I live?" You asked.

"I'm a witch. And a sociopath in case you forgot."

You let out a deep sigh, rolling your eyes.

"So why are you here?"

"Well, I was wondering if maybe you could let me stay at your place. I know it's a huge favor I'm asking, but I have no where else to go." He said.

"What? Why? I thought you were staying at the Salvatore Boarding house." You retorted.

"Yeah, well, Damon kicked me out."

"Why? What did you do?"

"It's nothing, really." He replied, avoiding eye contact. 

You crossed your arms and glared at him. The silence fell as you waited for his response. He inhaled deeply and finally spoke up.

"Well, I stole his car keys and accidentally scratched his car. He got mad, made a big deal out of it and then kicked me out." He explained.

"He made a big deal out of it? You know how much he loves his car. You really should've not done that. You're lucky you're still alive." You mumbled, earning a sigh from him.

"So, what do you say?" He inquired.

"I don't know, Kai." You answered, shrugging. 

"C'mon, Y/N. I have no where else to stay and I can't afford an apartment at the moment."

"Please? You're the only one in this town who actually likes me." He added.

He pouted, giving you the 'puppy eyes' look. You looked at him hesitantly, debating whether you should let him in or not. You knew it was bad idea, but for some reasons, you felt bad for him. He had no home, and he was counting on you to provide him a roof over his head. You couldn't just close the door on his face and let him deal with his own problems. 

Your heart was telling you to help him, but your brain was saying otherwise, and you didn't know which to listen to. You wanted to invite me to stay for a little while, however, you didn't fully trust him. Who knows what a sociopath like him could do during your sleep? Besides, you promised yourself to not get too close to Kai, but living under the same roof as him would make things even harder.

After a few seconds of hesitation, you finally took a decision that you knew you would regret. 

"Fine. You can stay here, but you sleep on the couch since I don't have an extra bed."

"Thank you so much Y/N. I owe you."

"Yeah, you do." You muttered.

He grinned and grabbed the suitcase that he had hidden behind his back before entering inside your apartment. You frowned, and then realization suddenly hit you.