Imagine #22: Kai

A/N: This was requested so I hope you enjoy this!

-

Imagine being invited to the Mikaelson ball and Kai asks you to help him find a date, but then realizes that he's in love with you

You and Kai were best friends and also known as the inseparable duo in town who would always do crazy stuff together. But being a Salvatore didn't make things easy for you, considering your brother Damon hated him. Stefan had no problem with Kai, however for some reasons, Damon couldn't stand the fact that you were friend with a pork-rind munching freak, as he liked to call him. They truly despised each other, but that certainly didn't stop you from building a friendship together. Damon didn't totally agree with that, but you couldn't care less about his opinion, because after all you wouldn't just let Damon get in the way and tear you apart. The bond you shared with Kai was much more stronger than that, and no one could ever break it.

You spent most of your time together and became so attached and close to each other that Kai started to develop a crush on you without even knowing. He gradually fell in love with you, and although you kept telling yourselves that you were simply good friends, the feelings he had for you only grew bigger day by day. You did like him more than a friendly way, but you decided to put your feelings aside and focus on your friendship instead. Unfortunately, neither of you ever considered dating. The thought had occurred to you, but you never actually spoke to Kai about it. You didn't want to ruin the bond between you two, therefore you left things the way they were and never told him or anyone how you truly felt. Little did you know that everything was bound to change on this Sunday afternoon.

Just like any other day, you and Kai were hanging out at your house. You poured yourselves a glass of bourbon, sat on the couch and talked until Damon came to interrupt you, like usual. He always felt the urge to irritate you both whenever he had the chance to.

"Hey, that's mine. No one is allowed to drink my bourbon unless I give them the permission, and you're not allowed." He grumbled, frowning at Kai.

"C'mon, Damon. Don't be so dramatic." You said.

"Yeah, Damon. Listen to your sister." Kai teased.

"Shut up before I rip out your spleen." Damon threatened. 

"Did you know that you can survive without a spleen?" Kai replied.

Damon was about to say something when the doorbell cut him off. He glared at Kai and went to open the door, but there was no one standing in front of him. He glanced around, confusion written all over his face, and saw a letter laying on the threshold. He knitted his eyebrows as he picked up the letter before closing the door.

"Found this on the porch."

"Don't open it! Maybe it's a bomb." Kai said.

You scoffed as Damon rolled his eyes. He teared up the envelope and pulled out a small paper that was carefully written in black ink. He read the message and then looked up at you.

"The Mikaelsons are hosting a ball and the Salvatores have been invited."

"Sounds fun. I think we should go." You suggested.

"Great, I'm coming then." Kai smiled at you.

"You're not even a Salvatore. Why do you always have to tag along?" Damon muttered.

You snatched the letter from Damon's hands and quickly read it.

"Because he's my best friend. And also because the paper says that anyone is welcomed to the ball." You retorted.