Chapter 1

"Caitlin! We have to go! Come on!" My best friend Nikki screams to me

"I'm coming! Calm down!!"

"We cant be late!" She is getting annoyed.

"I'm right here!" I run downstairs "ok lets go!" I follow her out to the car. I'm 17 and in my senior year of high school. Me and my BFF Nikki (also a senior) are going to see my idol Keith Urban. I love him!

"So by the way Caitlin I got us backstage passes. To help you keep your mind off of Matt (my ex)"

"Your joking!?" I'm so excited

"No I'm not" she's grinning

"THANK YOU!!! Your the best!" I give her a hug and we continue on driving.

"You deserve it! You've been through to much not too."

"Thank you Nikki!" I'm grinning and even more excited. We arrive at the concert and have an amazing time! I don't know how long it was but i know it was a long time before he walks out to the backstage area. I'm not the only one there but I'm still really excited. How could you not be excited!?

I poke Nikki "here he comes!"

"I know! Now stop pokin' me!"

I poke her again just to be annoying. I giggle and he walks over to another group of girls -lets just say really snobby, think they're better than everyone else type of girls - and starts to flirt. I think to myself: of course he would flirt with them.. Why them!? Why not me!? out of habit Nikki is humming to Long Hot Summer while she is waiting for Keith to come over.
Out of habit i sing along. She usually hums it and i sing it. All of my friends say I'm AMAZING at singing but i don't believe it but i sing anyway. Little did i know was that i had gotten the whole room quiet and listening. Nikki realizes it and kinda becomes quickly silent. Keith is grinning.
I quickly realize that everyone is silent and staring at me.

"Um heh hi.." I'm really embarrassed.

"Continue! Please! I want to hear more!!" Keith says grabbing a guitar. The girls he was flirting with are upset cause i took the attention away from them.

"Um o-ok what song?" I'm half shocked half embarrassed.

"Well why don't you sing "Im gonna love you through it"? Ill help you with the lyrics if you need it" he smiles

"I don't need help I love that song" i giggle "ok"
He grins and starts playing I'm Gonna Love You Through It

"...Im gonna love you through it.." I finish the song and he's grinning

"Your amazing! I don't know why you'd think otherwise!"

I'm speechless "thanks" and I'm blushing. He comes over and kisses me. My mouth drops open. "Uh omg um"

"Sorry i kinda wanted to do that" he's smiling

"Its ok just aren't you married?"

"No not anymore" he's still smiling

"Oh well I'm sor-" he cuts me off

"I don't care shes gone and I've moved on to someone else" he's still smiling

"Oh well than who?" -just realized he was talking about her- "your talking about me!?" Is wide eyed

"Yes" he laughs and the girls he was flirting with before come over and interrupt our conversation.

"So anyway Keith where were we?" One of them says seductively

"Excuse me? We were trying to have a conversation here" I'm annoyed

"He was talking with us first" she says rudely

"Well now I'm talking to her and her only" Keith says in my defense.

"Uh b-but" the leader of the group says.

"No buts now go!" he was getting upset. His security guards come and remove them from the area.

"Thanks" i smile

"No prob! i couldn't let them do that to you!"

"Awe" I'm blushing "I'm used to being around real snobs you kinda learn to tune them out" i laugh

"Well thats good" he smiles. "so what do you do that makes you be around snobs all the time?"

"I own and show horses"

"That makes sense" he smiles "so are you gonna be in the area long cause i was wondering if you'd wanna maybe go get lunch or something?"

"Sure id love too and yeah i will be" I'm grinning.