Chapter 34

-meanwhile back with me-

She walks back in, "Now to finish it off."

"Nicole stop. why are you doing this?"

"Oh you know why"

"No I don't, I never did anything to you."

"You stole my husband, then got pregnant with his kid!"

"He left you way before i met him and it wasn't planned!"

"Doesn't matter." she picks up the knife.

"NICOLE PLEASE!" I'm crying.

"Nope" she moves the knife closer to my stomach

"Nicole! if you loved him you would be happy because he is happy"

"Oh but i love him, and I'm doing him a favor"

"What h-" she sticks the knife in. "nicole"

"Yes?"

"How could you"

"Eh just like this" she removes it and sticks it in again. The pain is excruciating I'm coming in an out of consciousness. All i know is that she stabbs me a couple more times before someone comes storming through the door. I wake up back in the ambulance being rushed to the hospital. Keith's riding with me and he has been crying. I loose consciousness again and wake up in a hospital bed.

"She's awake!" Keith says trying to hide the fact that he's been crying.

"Hey" I force a smile.

"Don't you pretend to be dead on me again"

I grab his hand "I wont, I promise"

"This is all my fault."

"No its not"

"Yes it is, I should've known. the only person who would steal your photo and know where my parents live is Nicole"

"Stop" I'm starting to cry

"Hey hey don't cry"

"I cant if you keep taking this out on yourself."

"Fine. its not my fault. happy now" he snaps at me

"I'm sorry I was just trying to help."

"Cait I didnt mean that. I know you were just trying to help. I just feel so responsible for this."

"Don't! none of this was your fault! Keith even if it was I still love you no matter what. right now i don't know if the same goes for you. I need that rock that i can lean on but you aren't seeming like that rock. I terrified that this isnt going to work between us. I dont know what to do. what if your not the one or this doesnt last?"

"Caitlin" he's speechless

"And you say nothing. I was hoping for something that can maybe make me doubt that feeling but now i don't know"

"Caitlin stop. If anyone can make it its definitely going to be us. I love you. I will be there for you. Ill be that rock, Cait we have a once in a lifetime love. thats never going to change. I know you are scared but ill be right here next to you through thick and thin. I know you don't believe me when i say that 'I love you' or 'your special, and beautiful' but I mean every word I say. Please don't loose hope. Cause I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" he smiles and kisses me.

"You really mean that?"

"Yes. I will always mean that"

"I love you"

"You know i do"

"I have to ask you something."

"Sure what?"

"Did I loose the baby?"

He sighs and nods "just be thankful your alive. theres plenty of time to try again. we have our whole lives ahead of us"

"I know its just.. different"...