Chapter 37

-a few weeks later after we moved into the new house.-

"Babe you are coming with me to the ACMs right? I have people who are dying to meet you"

"Yup ill come its tomorrow night right?"

"Yup we'll fly down tomorrow morning ok?"

"Sure" I grin and walk over to the spot where he's sitting on the couch, I climb onto his lap and sit facing him.

"Well someone's finally feeling like their usual self!"

"Haha yes I am, it doesn't hurt anymore for once" I kiss him.

"You want something. You get like this when you want something." he's smiling

I scoff "so i cant do this if i don't want something!?"

"No! no not saying that at all"

"But yeah I do want something"

"Knew it" he laughs

"Want to go maybe look at prom dresses with me?"

"Oh thats right... I agreed to going with you to prom didn't I?" He says it with a slight attitude

"Yes you did. Why wouldn't you come with me?"

"Its just eh.."

I'm annoyed now. I get up. "Fine. Ill go by myself to both Prom and looking for a dress. Its not like its a once in a lifetime thing. Thanks for caring." I walk over and grab my keys.

"Cait I didn't mean it like that! Caitl-" I slam the front door shut before he could finish. He runs after me and blocks my car door.

I've been crying a little "What do you want?"

"Caitlin stop. I'm sorry I shouldn't have acted like that. Its your only prom and I should take it more seriously. I went to my high school prom and it didn't end well - at all. So I've always been a little uneasy about them."

That causes me to smile. "Wait so your afraid of them!?"

"I never said that" he laughs a little embarrassed

"You implied it though!" I'm laughing

"Yeah I did didn't i?"

"Yes you did... I cant believe that your actually scared of something! your always so. So not scared of anything.."

"Heh 'so so not scared'?" he smiles

"I couldnt think of a word!"

"I know i was just messin with you, and what you said isn't true. I'm scared all the time."

"About what?" I'm suddenly confused

"About loosing you. I've come so close 2 times and bad things come in 3's and you might not be as lucky the 3rd time.. I'm also afraid that you'll wake up one day and decide that I'm not the one you want..."he can't look at me.

"Keith. I'm not going anywhere. I love you and that isn't going to change." I kiss him

"I know but "

"No buts as someone caring and amazing once said 'we have a once in a lifetime love. that is never going to change. I know your scared but ill be right here next to you-" He cuts me off with a kiss. "I love you" I get into the drivers side. Keith hops into the passengers seat.

"Don't you think that your leaving without me! Im not missing this. And we can also pick out a dress for the ACMs ok?"

"Ok but did you lock the front door? or even close it for that matter?" I turn and point to the wide open front door.

"Oh uh no.." he hops out runs and locks up the house and then runs back.

"And you want to start a family..." I'm trying not to laugh.

"You do too! its not just me!"

"I do, but baby steps.. we need to make sure you don't leave the house without locking the doors first ok?" I'm laughing.

"Ok fine you got me there now lets go."..