Chapter 40

-i return when Keith is in the shower-

"Hey Luke.." I put my hands in my jean pockets and sigh

"He's in the shower"

"Ah does he know why?"

"Nope but he feels terrible about it. He keeps kicking himself for doing it"

"Well i guess thats good.."

"He knows he screwed up"

"Good, cause he did."

The shower turns off.I wander over to the couch and just sit down and sigh. Keith walks out a couple minutes later.

"Did she return ba- Caitlin" he runs over to me "I'm so sorry"

I slip out of his hug "don't, I cant believe you"

"Cait babe I know I'm so sorry. I don't know why i did that. I feel so guilty and just a huge jerk. I hate myself for this.." he sticks his hands in his pockets

"You messed up. Big Time. but you have a great heart. you really do. You make your mistakes but I still love you. I always will. I just need to know that you do too. I don't know if you do anymore... you spent the whole time with Hayden and acted like i wasn't there. Acted like she was your fiancée. You had her sing our song instead of me. that was what hurt the most.." I sit back down on the couch crying.

He sits down next to me. "I know, I don't know why I did that, I don't know why I did any of that. Caitlin I love you so much. If I didn't, would I be sitting here trying to get you back?"

"No you wouldn't" I smile.

"If I could go back to the start of the awards I would. I really would. I would do anything to change it. god I'm so stupid." he puts his hands over his face.

"I wouldn't, you can't but if you could I wouldn't. Cause then we wouldn't be here having this conversation. Keith, I may have given back the ring but truthfully I didn't mean it. Like i said the other day. I'm not going anywhere." I pull his hands off his face. I grab his one hand and give him a kiss.

"You really mean your not going anywhere?"

"Yes" I laugh.

"Oh my god. I love you so much" He unintentionally knocks me over with his hug.

"I love ya too.. just please don't do that again." I laugh and sit back up. Luke left right after he got out of the shower.

"Oh I wont. I definitely won't make that same mistake again." he kisses me.

"Good cause I was starting to think that i had lost you"

"I'm not going anywhere as long as you don't want me too." he kisses me again.

"Same here" I lean him back. "Hayden doesn't like me one bit.."

"What makes you say that?"

"She was giving me an evil eye the whole time."

"Shes jealous.. she's always had a thing for me."

"Oh well that makes me feel worlds better about her"

"Its ok I don't like her like that. As a friend yes but like that. not at all"

"Ah ok we-" theres a knock on the door....