Chapter 63

- a month passes-

I'm back in the saddle in the show ring preparing for the Olympics once again. I've tried to call Keith. I never built up the courage to call fearing I'd be shut down. It was stupid. I'd miss him every day. What he did was wrong so wrong but not enough for me to lose him. I figure that he's moved on. I mean its been a month. I finally gather up the courage to just call. Well its more my friend forcing me to call after her being fed up with me for complaining that i miss him and that he's gone. So she grabs my phone and calls him.

It's ringing and ringing and he answers.

"Hey what's up?" he says cheerfully

"Keith?..."

"Caitlin? Hi... How are you?" He didn't really look at the caller and you can tell because after he realized it was me his voice changed. He became a lot more quiet and upset sounding.

"I'm ok you?"

"I've been eh. So what's up?"

"Well two things... Its your birthday so happy birthday... and..."

"Thanks" he laughs. "That's one thing what's the other?"

"Yeah... I miss you." It's silent.

"Well.. I miss you too." He says after a while. "Its about time you called."

"Sorry I" I sigh "I was scared that I would be shut down since the fight at the hospital and stuff."

He laughs a little "Cait why would i shut you down because, In that fight i was the one at fault not you."

"I don't know. I really don't know why i was afraid of that but i was."

"It's ok well at least you called."

"Yeah.. You down in Nashville?"

"Yeah. I am."

"Ah ok"

"Why?"

"Cause I want to see you."

"I could catch the next flight up if you want."

"Would you?"

"Of course that's why I offered!" He laughs a little.

"When's the next flight up i can pick you up."

"Umm its in an hour and it takes about 2 hours to get there."

"Ill meet you at the airport at 4 ok?"

"Ok, well if I'm gonna make that flight i gotta get going."

"True. see ya soon.... I-" he hangs up before i can finish. "love you" i say out loud as i continue un-tacking Ich and then I put him out in the pasture.

-at the airport-

I arrive early and wait by the terminal that he should be flying into. Its 4, and the planes late. The plane arrives at 4:30 and the crowd of people pass getting off the plane. But no Keith...