Chapter 62

The phone rings. Its Dr Shepard. He didn't say much other than to come in. I don't know what to expect.

I'm expecting the worst but it might not be bad, right? It's probably something good. Maybe she remembers. That would be the best... He thinks to himself reassuringly.

He's listening to the radio on the way in trying to keep himself calm when one of our songs Only You Can Love Me This Way comes on. He arrives just as that song ends and is met by Dr Shepard, and Dr. Grey.

"Hey Keith" he smiles.

"Ok so what's going on? - I got here as fast as i could - You didn't say much when you called so I'm worried."

"C'mon let me show you." Dr Grey smiles. She leads him up to my room and he walks in.

"Hey Cait what's up?" Keith asks me.

"Well I wanted to see you."

"You saw me this morning."

"No I didn't"

"Yes you did"

"No I didn't"

"Cait yes you did."

"Keith I didn't see you this morning."

"Yes you did - wait oh my god"

"What?" I'm suddenly really confused

"You know who I am?"

"Of course I know who you are."

"Prove it"

"I'm your fiancée- well was before you left out the part about you being married."

"Oh my god. You remember!!" he pulls me into a huge hug and kisses my forehead.

"Wait what? Why would you think i didnt know who you are?" I slip out of his grasp and take a step back.

"You've had retro grade amnesia from the accident."

"What accident?"

"You got into a car accident.."

"Oh... that. That's kinda fuzzy but i think i remember bits."

"Don't worry about remembering that."

"Umm ok. So i didn't remember you?"

"No you had absolutely No idea who i was."

"Awe I'm sorry"

"It's ok" he smiles "I'm just glad to have you back."

"Whoa whoa whoa not so fast"

"What?"

"You don't 'Have me back' I remember why i took off in that car very clearly. We're done. You were married! And you neglected to tell me! How does that even happen!?"

"Cait.. what i did was stupid. It was stupid and I'm stupid but I love you. Me and Nic were separated i was done with her. She was outta my life. I've almost lost you a couple times and I'm not gonna let you go easily. We can work this out. We always have! Cait Please? This is just like the other times. We can get through this." He's being genuine about it. You can just tell.

"Get out."

"What?" he's taken back by that.

"I said get out. This is nothing like any of the other times -"

"Caitlin please!?" he cuts me off before i can finish.

"God dammit JUST GET OUT!"

"O-ok" He gets up and leaves without saying anything else. Clearly upset.

I sit down on the hospital bed and just burst into tears. Dr. Grey comes and sits next to me.

"Mer, I just threw away my life. Did i make the wrong decision?"

"I don't know, Cait. You both need time apart. I'm assuming you still love him but it hurts too."

"Yes... i do.."

"So take some space then come back to it. I'm sure he'll be waiting for you."

"I don't know. I'm afraid he won't come back. Or he won't take me back later on. I'm afraid i just made the wrong choice...."