Chapter 26

-I arrive home about 30 min later-

I get out still upset and walk towards the door. I unlock and open the door and everything's dark which is unusual. I don't think too much about it and just walk in. Next thing I know is that the lights flash on and everyones there screaming "Surprise!"

My mouth drops. Keith is right there in the front. "Happy birthday babe" he's grinning.

"You knew?"

"Of course! I planned the whole thing" he comes over and gives me a hug

"Wait so the whole thing with Luke was fake?"

"Yup" Luke walks out of the crowd after he says that.

"Wait" I start to laugh a little "i feel like an idiot now"

"You shouldn't! you have every right to be pissed, It was the only way i could get you out of the house and away from the plan." he kisses me.

"I love you, forget what i said earlier. I didnt mean it. I need you"

"I love you too and don't worry i know you didn't mean it."

"Ok good" I grin.

"Ok so i know i asked you this before you "Died" but I feel i should ask again.."

"What?"

He gets down on one knee in front of everyone. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I'm in shock, i totally forgot about that.. don't ask me how because i don't know but i did..

He grins and I kiss him. "I really am sorry about before I -We didn't mean for it to get that bad..." He looks at Luke and he nods

"Its ok you guys redeemed yourself" I grin and go off to mingle with people at the party.

"Wait Cait aren't you forgetting something?"

I stop and turn around and look at him confused "what?"

"These" He dangles a pair of car keys and grins.

"Those aren't mine.." Im so confused.

"Yes they are"

"You didnt."

"I did" he grins and I run over to the window.

"They said it sold already!"

"It did but it got one better. this one is extra special"

"Wait isnt that the one you used in your music video for Sweet Thing?"

"Maybe" he grins

"That is even better than the black one i was looking at!" I kiss him and take the keys and run out to my special black fastback '69 mustang. "I cant believe you would let me have this one! I thought you kept this one in your garage in Nashville?"

"I had it shipped up here and I know you were upset when the other one sold and you would use it more than I will, so why not?" He grins.

"Thank you so much!" I grin and he takes me back inside... I open the rest of the gifts and people start to leave. its now just my family, Keith, and Luke.

"I cant believe you had planned this!"

"Babe i would never forget your birthday!"

"Even the "argument" between you and luke . like Oh my god"

"That was his idea actually"

I turn and look at Luke "is he serious? I cant believe that your too nice!"

"Yup that was all me" he laughs.

"Wow this wasnt expected at all!" I laugh and Luke gets ready to leave...