Chapter 13

- a few hours later I'm asleep in a hospital bed, Keith's sitting there holding my hand-

"Its been an 2 hours after she got out of surgery.. should she be awake by now?" he says while shaking

"This is normal its good for her to rest, she's also probably still out of it from the anesthesia" the doctor says "I know your worried about her Keith. She will be fine. she made it through the surgery better than what we expected. She's a fighter and you guys are lucky" she smiles then walks out.

Keith turns to my parents "well i guess thats a good thing" he smiles a little.

"Keith you know I'm not one bit happy with you" my dad says

"Please I don't need this right now. I know you are upset with me but thats the last thing on my mind. I don't care if you chew me out on it but don't say that i cant see her anymore. I love her. I plan on marrying her. If that's not something you approve of. All I can say is that it's not gonna stop me cause I love her and you know she loves me. theres no question there."

My dad's kinda speechless "Well I- but no- but. fine"

"Thanks and if you were pissed about the kid? it was an accident we never meant for that to happen. I dont want kids. Caitlin doesn't know that but I really dont. its terrible to say but I'm kinda glad it got killed... I don't have to worry about it now"

"What? but you said?" I'm mortified

"Cait oh god you weren't supposed to hear that" Keith's wide eyed

"GET OUT!" I'm starting to cry

"Cait babe I-I didn't mean that"

"Sure you didn't Keith I heard you say it theres no taking it back. you know that... I've always wanted kids and I don't wanna be with someone who lied to my face about it. so get out"

"Ok, if if thats what you want" he shakily gets up and walks out to try to hide the fact that he's crying even more.

"Ugh i cant believe he said that" i look at my parents and they just give me a look as if to say well.

-Keith's thoughts to himself-

"Oh god, what have I done? she hates me now... if only she heard the previous conversation. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her.. she's my life." He grabs his guitar and starts to play "Stupid Boy" while sitting on the front bench. Still thinking to himself "how could I be so stupid? I really screwed up this time...''