Chapter 29

-I find the guest room and put down the one bag i carried and sigh-

I hope they like me.. I realize that someone walked past the door, thats right he has a sister.. Maybe i should go and talk to her. I get up and go looking for her. I come across a room that has photos of horses, ribbons, rosettes, and trophies in it. I cant help but walk in to just look.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE!?" His mom is furious with me.

"I'm sorry i didn't know, I show horses and i was-"

"I DON'T CARE THERES A REASON WHY THE DOOR IS CLOSED AND LOCKED"

"it wasn't locked and i was looking for Keith's sister I'm sorry" I'm in shock

"Hey hey mom stop" Keith steps in "she didn't know,"

"Keith I DON'T CARE SHE CAN'T BE IN HERE"

I slip past them and decide to go outside, Keith runs after me "Caitlin wait"

I stop. I'm annoyed and upset "what?"

"I want to apologize for her, that was my other sister's room. she was a rider just like you, Competed all the time, until one day she was practicing, she took a really bad fall - worse than yours and yours was really bad - the horse went off of the wrong lead, tripped and fell on top of her,crushing her skull, killing her instantly." he's about to cry.

"Oh Keith I'm so sorry" i hug him "i didn't know"

"Its ok i know you didn't, my mom has never gotten over it, it was a while ago. she won't let my younger sister ride now. so just try to not bring it up. we still have horses here out back but she doesn't like anyone riding. I still do when im here but she refuses to let my little sister ride. have you met her yet? she's your age?"

"Ah... can you show me? And no i havent?"

"Sure" he smiles " i had a feeling you'd ask to see them. as far as i know mom has left to go food shopping so we should be ok"

"Ok!" i let him lead me to the barn,

"Here's the one that she tried to jump over a 5ft oxer" its an Aussie thoroughbred.

"Can i try to jump him? Ill start small i promise"

"Fine but be careful he hasn't been jumped since the accident 4 years ago"

"From my experience jumpers can be jumped and jump well coming off a ten year break"

"Start small and watch your leads" we tack up this TB and he goes and sets up a few small jumps. "Stay this height for now i cant loose you again,"

"I will" i kick this horse into a nice easy canter and he soars over the jumps, never missed a lead "can we raise the height? he hasn't missed a lead or anything"

"Ok but be very careful"

"You know i will, Keith this isn't my first time on a horse"

"Thats true i guess its just different"

"This horse is a great jumper he hasn't messed up anything."

"Ok try this" he raises one of them to a higher height

"Ok" i ride over to it and he easily clears it without a problem

"What are you doing!?" Keith's little sister says "You know mom doesn't want anyone riding that horse!"

"Its ok sarah, she knows what she's doing. she rides and competes at the Olympic level"

"Still - wait don't you ride and own Ichabod Crane?" She grins

"Yes i do"

"oh my God i LOVE Ichabod!" We hear a car pull up

"Uh oh that's probably our mom" Keith says and i dismount.

"Ok ill put him away" i bring him over and quickly untack him... too late she saw me untacking him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THAT HORSE!?"

"Mom stop!" Keith distracts her as i finish putting him away "she's a professional rider, she just wanted to see how he jumped."

"You know the rules Keith! and you too sarah!"

"Its my fault not hers, i told her she could" Keith says.

"Ugh! I wish Nicole was here, you made a mistake by leaving her." His mom says. That hurts a lot to know that my future mother-in-law hates me.

"MOM! Why cant you just be happy for me? Nicole didn't make me happy Caitlin does. I cant believe you. I want you to welcome her to the family because she will be part of it in a couple months." He is pissed to say the least. I walk off clearly upset. "Caitlin wait!" too late I've already ran off.