Chapter 34

**Maddie’s POV**

“Once they’re inside the maze we won’t be able to see anything,” George says.

“We’ll be able to see if they send up sparks,” Fred says.

“Oh great, that’s the only reason I’m here,” George retorts sarcastically.

“Stop it,” Mrs Weasley snaps, “does Harry look nervous?”

“Yes,” I reply, “I’d be astonished if he didn’t.”

Mrs Weasley turns and gives me a glowing look. She’s been doing this constantly since she found out George and I are together.

“I hope he’ll do okay!” Hermione says nervously.

“He’ll do fine,” I assure her.

“May I have your attention?” Bagman’s voice rings out, “The third and final task is about to commence! In first place we have Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter of Hogwarts-“

The stands erupt as all the Hogwarts students leap to their feet cheering.

“In second place Victor Krum of Durmstrang-“

Again, the crowd erupts; this time mixed with the deep bellows of the other Durmstrang boys.

“And in third place, Miss Fleur Delacour of Beauxbatons Academy!”

The crowd applauds loudly, although not with so much gusto, especially from the girls.

“On my whistle, Mr Diggory and Mr Potter will enter the maze. One, two, three!”

A loud whistle echoes through the stands. Harry and Cedric run into the maze.

“Good luck Harry,” Hermione murmurs next to me.

“One my whistle, Mr Krum!”

I watch as Krum sprints into the maze, leaving only Fleur behind.

“Oh, he’s so young!” Mrs Weasley says, “what if-”

“Mum,” Bill sighs, “he’ll be fine.”

“They’re all in,” I say as Fleur gracefully runs into the maze, “now we wait.”

“Go fish,” I tell Ginny. She picks up a card and sighs. Suddenly someone screams. I leap to my feet, scattering the cards everywhere.

“He’s dead!” someone yells.

“No!” Mrs Weasley cries.

“Not Harry,” I say, “Cedric!”

The stands are in an uproar, everyone straining to see, people yelling and crying.

“They’ll take Harry to the Hospital Wing,” Bill says, “come on.”

“Ginny, stay here,” Mrs Weasley says.

“Mum!”

“I’ll take her back to the common room,” I tell Mrs Weasley.

“Thank you, dear…”

“Come on,” I tell Ginny, taking her hand, “Fred? George?”

“They went with mum,” Ginny says grumpily.

“Alright, come on then,” I say. We push through the crowd and hurry towards the castle.