Chapter 88

Uploading again cause I love you guys :) Might be getting a puppy soon, everyone CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND PRAY TO GOD MY PARENTS LET ME!! I'm serious!! Well, Maddie's dad is, but you know... Also, check out the slideshow on the right hand side :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

As soon as I reach the gates I disapparate to Diagon Alley. I run down the cobbled street, completely taken up with the desire to see George and Alithea. I burst into the shop and stop, breathing hard. Fred looks up from the counter and his mouth falls open.

“GEORGE!” he yells reaching into his robes. Before I can react, Fred has disarmed me.

“Fred, you have to listen to me!” I say, holding my hands up. He kicks my wand across the shop, his wand pointed at my heart. George appears at the bottom of the stairs, Alithea in his arms.

“Mummy!” Alithea calls, reaching out for me. I step forward, but George’s wand is at my throat.

“Get out,” he snarls. I blink at him, shocked.

“George, I-”

“We don’t want Death Eaters here,” he says, “now leave.”

“George, listen-”

“You have until the count of three,” George says, pressing the tip of his wand into my throat, “one-”

“George,” I huff.

“Two.”

“Please, just hear me-”

“Three!”

I leap out of the way just in time. I roll behind a shelf and grab my wand. George blasts the shelf apart and I hit him with a disarming spell. I catch his wand and tuck I in my robes. I turn my wand on Fred.

“Are you going to listen or do I have to curse you too?” I snap.

“Fred,” George says warningly.

Fred looks from me too George and back again.

“I’ll listen,” he says warningly, “but lower your wand.”

I drop my arm to my side and look at George.

“I’m taking my daughter home,” he says, walking towards the door. I hit it with a locking spell.

“Maddison!” he yells.

“Daddy, no!” Alithea cries, pushing away from his chest.

“Alithea, stop,” George says firmly.

“I want Mummy!” she cries, “Mummy!”

“George, please?” I beg, holding my arms out for her. He steps away from me.

“How can I trust you?” he spits. I take out his wand and throw it along with mine to Fred.

“Please?” I ask again, my heart breaking at the obvious distress on Alithea’s face.

“Alithea, quiet,” George says. Alithea hiccups, but doesn’t cry any more. George leans his cheek against the top of her head.

“Maddie, why?” Fred asks gently.

“I had to,” I tell him, “he said if I didn’t he’d…”

I choke, thinking of Bill.

“He’d what?” Fred presses.