Chapter 36

Hey guys! Decided to post another chapter because the last one wasn't very good and also got almost a hundred views in less than a day! :O Thank you guys for reading! I'd love it if you could take a few seconds to vote! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Maddie’s POV**

“Are you all packed?” Remus asks. I turn away from my window.

“Oh, uh, yeah,” I reply vaguely.

“Are you alright?” he asks. I frown slightly.

“Yeah, do you have a lunar calendar?” I ask.

“Sure,” he says slowly. He leaves and comes back with one.

“Thanks,” I mutter leaning over it. I flick back a few months, counting days. As I reach the current date something clicks into my brain. No. It’s not possible!

“Is something wrong?” Remus asks. I take a deep breath and push the thought aside. I can deal with it later.

“Nope, let’s go,” I say. I look around my room as we’re leaving and wonder if I’ll ever sleep here again. It looks so bare without my photos and posters around it.

“Are you nervous?” Remus asks. I nod, my throat dry.

“It’ll be fine,” he says soothingly, “ready?”

“Yes,” I choke.

**George’s POV**

All afternoon Sirius is on edge, leaping every time there’s a noise. Eventually Mum sits him down in the kitchen and makes him a cup of tea.

“What’s she like?” he asks Fred and I.

“Amazing,” I reply instantly.

“She’s a prefect,” Mum says, a hint of pride in her voice. She loves Maddie like a daughter.

“No!” Sirius says surprised, “my daughter? A prefect? Well, I suppose she was raised by Remus.”

Fred and I grin at each other.

“She’s not a goody-two-shoes,” we assure him, “she causes so much trouble. We all nearly died of shock when she got her badge.”

“Yes, well,” Mum says, pursing her lips, “she’s very intelligent.”

“She’s a genius!” Ron says, “absolutely brilliant.”

“And really pretty,” Ginny adds.

“She’s really friendly,” Hermione puts in, “everyone loves her.”

“Well, nearly everyone,” I say thoughtfully, “lots of people are jealous of her.”

“Especially girls,” Fred agrees, “she’s a stunner.”

A loud crack from the front of the house makes us all jump. Sirius leaps to his feet, all colour leaving his face. We hear the sound of voices and then the front door slam. Lupin walks into the kitchen and puts down his trunk.

“She’s pulled a runner,” he says, “I’ll go-“

“No,” Sirius interrupts, “just leave her. She’ll be back in under two minutes, I bet.”