Chapter 47

**Maddie’s POV**

With George back at school things quickly become boring again. The most exciting thing, which is actually very exciting, is watching Alithea as she grows every day. By the time the Easter holidays roll around she’s three and a bit months old and very talkative… Well, she makes lots of illegible noises.

“The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione will be here soon,” Dad says, coming into the kitchen with Alithea.

“Hoorah!” I cry, mainly to see Alithea smile and gurgle her laugh. I keep cutting up potatoes and Sirius wanders out again. I can’t wait to see George and I know he’s dying to see Alithea.

“They’re here!”

I drop the knife and sprint out to the front hall where Dad hands me Alithea. The door opens and George leaps inside.

“There’s Daddy!” I tell Alithea. She grabs my shirt in her hand and whimpers as George approaches.

“She doesn’t recognise me,” he says, crestfallen.

“You’ve been gone a long time,” I say comfortingly. Alithea suddenly perks up and breaks into an adorable laugh, stretching her arms out.

“Uncle Remus!” I say, looking around George. Remus grins and takes Alithea from me.

“Hello beautiful,” he says. George looks very upset.

“She sees him nearly every day,” I tell him comfortingly, “give her a day or so and she won’t let you put her down.”

I twist my arms around his waist and give him a squeeze.

“Come on, dinner’s almost ready,” I say, walking into the kitchen, “oh, and Remus? Share that baby around! Her poor father is dying of envy right now.”

“How’s the research going?” I ask Fred quietly as I set the table. He grabs a pile of plates.

“We’re pretty much done,” he replies, “it’s going great.”

“Excellent,” I grin.

“There’s just one thing,” he says, pausing in the doorway, “we need a spot on Diagon Alley, but we can’t look-”

“It’ll be a good excuse for me to get out of the house,” I interrupt. He smiles at me.

“I knew we could count on you,” he says, “I thought you might have gotten serious, being a mother and all.”

“No chance,” I laugh.

We walk into the dining room where a triumphant George is playing with Alithea. Ginny and Hermione are both close by, ‘oo’ing and ‘ah’ing over her.

“Her hair has grown so much,” Ginny says, touching a little ringlet.

“She’s grown so much,” I sigh, bending down to kiss her on the top of the head, “soon she’ll be walking around and chatting…”

“Is she rolling over yet?” Remus asks.

“She’s trying,” I reply, “she hasn’t quite made it yet.”

“She’s so lovely!” Dad cries, kissing her wetly on the cheek. Alithea laughs and grabs at his hair.

“Oh, watch this,” Dad tells George. He transforms into a dog and Alithea squeals with delight. Everyone laughs and begins crooning over her even more.

“She’s so perfect,” George says, leaning over Alithea’s crib while she sleeps. I glance over and smile.