Chapter 49

Hey guys! Sorry about the irregular updating! I'll try to get better, I promise! Someone just stole my usb, so it's annoying :P So far it seems like most people want me to continue on with the story and not have a break :) I started the Fred Weasley one and I'm loving it XD Thanks for reading!

______________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

“Two weeks and everyone will be home,” I remark, carrying Alithea over to George.

“Ba ba ba,” Alithea says, grabbing a few strands of my hair and pulling them.

“Ouch! Honey, no,” I sigh, tugging my hair out of her grip and dumping her on George’s lap. Alithea giggles and buries her face in George’s lap.

“Not ba, da,” he says encouragingly, “can you say daddy?”

“Ba ba ba!” she cries.

“Ha,” I smirk, “she’ll say mummy first.”

“No chance,” George replies, “you’re going to say daddy first, aren’t you?”

Alithea starts chewing on one of his buttons.

“Ew, yuck,” George says, pulling it out of her mouth.

“OWL AHOY!” Dad yells from upstairs. Odie swoops down into the kitchen and lands on the table. I untie the scroll from his leg and read it.

“Fred wants you in at work,” I say, “he said to bring Lith.”

George rolls his eyes.

“Lith, really?” he asks, taking the note, “urgh, it’s contagious! Couldn’t you have chosen a better nick-name?”

“Nope,” I reply, “You’d better get going. Take some food. The poor boy will be famished.”

I hand him a bag with some fruit, cake and sandwiches, and kiss his cheek.

“You’re not coming?” George asks.

“I shouldn’t,” I say, “you know there’s meant to be someone here who can leave…”

“Five minutes,” George says temptingly, “you haven’t seen our new lay-out yet.”

Three hours later I slip back inside the door.

“Dad?” I call out, taking off my shoes.

“Princess?” Dad calls back, walking down the stairs holding bloody bandages.

“What happened?” I ask, concerned.

“Buckbeak,” he replies, “I’m not exactly sure what happened, but something’s wrong with his leg.”

I grimace at the blood.

“Gross,” I say, moving past him into the living room. Kreacher is there, muttering to himself. As I walk past I hear him say Harry’s name.

“What did you just say?” I ask. He glances up at me before sinking into a low bow.

“Kreacher, what did you just say about Harry?” I repeat. I see him struggling, trying to lie.

“His head was there,” Kreacher says, pointing at the fireplace, “I’ve sent him to the ministry, just as Mistress Bellatrix told me to!”

“What?” I gasp, “Kreacher, explain!”