Chapter 71

I know this is short, but I'm pretty sure the next one will be longer! Holidays start soon, so I'll have more time! Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

**George’s POV**

I wake up the next morning and stretch, feeling great. Maddie frowns slightly in her sleep and rolls over. I roll my eyes, but let her sleep.

I bound out of bed and get into my favourite robes of deep blue. I hear Alithea stir in the next room and hurry in before she starts to cry and wake Maddie.

“Daddy?” she asks, rubbing her eyes.

“Hey princess,” I whisper, picking her up. She frowns slightly, then opens her mouth and vomits all down my robes. And then she begins to cry. Within seconds Maddie is rushing through the doorway, her hair flying everywhere.

“Wassgoingon?” she asks. I hold Alithea out to her and go and change. When I come back in Alithea is still whimpering.

“Poor thing,” Maddie croons.

Do I get a poor thing? No, I only got vomited on.

“I’ve got to go,” I tell her, “I’m late.”

I lean over to give her a kiss and heard a cough from Alithea.

Then I feel the vomit hit my chest.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I cry. Alithea begins to wail.

“George, you’re scaring her!” Maddie protests over the noise. I stomp out of the room and change again.

“Goodbye!” I call.

“Oh, I’ll be fine, George,” Maddie says sarcastically, “thanks for asking.”

I close my eyes for a second and the look at my watch. I’m half an hour late.

“Do you need help with anything?” I ask patiently.

“No, all good.”

“Then why-” I take a deep breath and pause, “okay. See you later.”

I disapparate to the Leaky Cauldron and walk out into Diagon Alley, taking long, slow breaths. As I enter the shop I hear Fred mutter “About time!”

“What’s going on?” I ask, looking around. The shop is in complete disarray. And not the usual organised disarray we have it in, but potions spilt on the floor, shelfs knocked over, disarray.

“I have no idea what happened,” Fred says, running his fingers through his hair, “it was like this when I got- Sorry, we’re closed.”

I look around as the door bells tinkle.

“Oh, that’s okay, I just want to see George.”

I feel an involuntary shudder run up and down my spine as I hear that voice. Fred’s eyes have narrowed and if he was a cat, his hackles would be up.