Chapter 93

You didn't really think I'd leave the story there did you? What kind of an author do you think I am?!

____________________________________________________________________________

**Fred’s POV**

“How long has she…”

I put my arm around George’s shoulder.

“Half an hour,” Mum says.

We fall back into silence.

“Urgh…”

We all jump at the groan.

“George…”

“Fred, have I gone mad or-”

“Maddie!” I cry, running over to kneel beside the couch. Maddie smiles at me, pushing away the sheet.

“Not getting rid of me that easily,” she says. George falls down beside me, staring at her in shock.

“Hey pumpkin,” Maddie says, touching his face softly.

“Hey,” George murmurs, looking shocked. Maddie frowns slightly and turns George’s head to the right.

“What happened?” she asks, looking at the gaping hole in the side of his head.

“Snape,” George replies, “apparently Mum can’t grow it back because it was cursed off by dark magic. Can you?”

Maddie shakes her head.

“Not if it was cursed off,” she replies. She looks over her shoulders at everyone and smiles.

“Look at all these long faces,” she laughs, “you’d think someone had died.”

“Someone has,” Remus says quietly, “other than you, I mean. Mad-Eye… didn’t make it.”

“Oh no,” Maddie says, looking surprised, “but… That’s terrible. Harry got here alright, didn’t he?”

“He’s fine,” Dad says, “a bit shaken up, but then, we all are.”

Maddie nods and takes a long drink from her bottle.

“I can’t believe he’s gone…”

George reaches over and takes her hand.

“Can I see my baby?” she asks quietly.

“I’ll get her,” I offer, standing up. I walk up to Mum and Dad’s room and take Alithea out of her cot. She stirs and rubs her eyes.

“Daddy?” she mumbles.

“Nope, it’s Fred,” I reply. She sits up, alert.

“Where Daddy?”

“He’s downstairs with Mummy,” I tell her, walking down. I walk into the lounge room and realise the atmosphere is less tense. Sirius is sitting on the arm of the couch, laughing over something Maddie just said and Remus is relaxing in an armchair.

“Daddy! I up!” Alithea announces. George stands up and takes her, giving her a big cuddle.

“Daddy ouch?” Alithea asks, pointing at his ear… Or lack thereof.

“Just a little ouch,” George replies.

“Mummy fix?”

“Not this one,” George says, “you go to Mummy and give her a cuddle.”

He holds Alithea out towards Maddie, but Alithea squeals and clings to him.

“It’s just because you’ve got cuts on your face,” George says, “come on, princess.”

He manages to hand her to Maddie.

“Hey, sweetie,” Maddie coos. Alithea is whimpering slightly and won’t look at Maddie’s face.

“George, take her,” Maddie says, sounding tearful, “I’m scaring her.”

“Can’t you change your skin to look normal?” I ask.

“I don’t think it works with injuries.”

George takes Alithea who immediately clamps her arms tightly around him.

“Want Mummy,” she mumbles.

“This is Mummy,” George says.

“Am I really that bad?” Maddie asks me.

“It’s pretty bad,” I reply.

“I love you, sweetie,” Maddie says softly. Alithea shakes her head, hiding her face in George’s shoulder.

“Go way.”

Maddie give me a ‘what can you do?’ look and shrugs.

I hope the saying ‘time heals all wounds’ is right.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, last night I finished writing chapter 109.... I know you're all going to hate me, but I couldn't help myself! Besides, I'm writing a story about George Weasley called A MASTER OF MISCHIEF, so I had to prank you guys at some time :) Love you all <3