Chapter 35

**George’s POV**

“Boys?” Mum knocks on our door the second week of the holidays, “can you come to the kitchen, please?”

We walk downstairs and find Mum, Dad, Ginny, Hermione and Ron there.

“Sit down,” Mum says. Her face is pale and her eyes rimmed in red.

“Is this about…” Fred stops at the look on Dad’s face.

“Partially,” Mum says, tears welling in her eyes, “but not completely. We’re relocating.”

“To where?” Ginny asks.

“The head-quarters of the Order of the Phoenix,” Dad replies, “we need to be there so Dumbledore can reach us quickly.”

“When are we leaving?” Ron asks.

“Today,” Mum says, “you need to pack all your things for Hogwarts. We’ll leave in an hour.”

I follow Fred back to our room.

“Maybe we can join the Order,” Fred says as we stuff our clothes back in our trunks.

“That’d be great!” I agree, “out there fighting evil…”

“I wonder where the Headquarters are?”

“Probably near Hogwarts,” I suggest, “maybe in Hogsmead?”

“Do you think Maddie’ll be there?”

“Probably, I mean, she’s an auror and all.”

Fred throws me a shirt.

“She’s not seventeen for another five and a half months though,” he points out, “she’s still got the trace on her.”

“I don’t know, maybe they’ll remove it early?”

“Can they do that?”

“Are you two done?” Ginny asks, poking her head in the door.

“That wasn’t an hour!” I exclaim, looking at my watch. Ginny rolls her eyes.

“I know. Mum just wants to go as soon as possible.”

“We’re almost done,” Fred says, cramming the last of his stuff into his trunk. I lock mine closed and grab the handle.

“Race you downstairs,” I tell Ginny. She takes off and I twist, apperating.

“No fair!” she whines, reaching the bottom of the stairs. I grin and walk over to the fireplace where Mum, Dad, Ron and Hermione are waiting.

“Where’s Fr-”

“Here,” Fred says, appearing neatly next to me with his trunk.

“Good, now you all have to read and memorise this,” Mum says, handing us a piece of paper.

The Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, London.

“I’ll go first,” Dad says, taking some Floo powder, “Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place!”

With a whoosh he disappears.

“Alright, Fred, you next,” Mum says, holding out the flower pot.

“Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place!”

“George, come on!”

I grab my trunk and haul it into the fire with me. I take a handful of powder.

“Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place!” I cry, throwing down the powder. I feel myself being sucked up and my trunk thumps against my leg.

“You alright?” Fred asks as I tumble out of the grate.

“Just dandy,” I reply, climbing to my feet. I look around me at the oldest, most decrepit house I’ve ever set foot in.

“Welcome to my very humble abode,” Sirius says.

“Uh, thanks,” I reply, pulling my trunk out of the way as Ron appears.

I walk out of the kitchen into the dark hallway.

“Don’t wake anything,” Sirius says quietly. I back back into the kitchen. Mum, Ginny and Hermione are brushing themselves off.

“Alright,” Sirius says, “now, I haven’t been back here long, so there’s still a fair amount of cleaning to do, but let me show you to your bedrooms.”

“Is Maddie here?” Fred asks. Sirius’ face tightens.

“She’s, uh, she’s coming this afternoon,” he replies. As he gestures for us to enter into the hallway I notice his hand is shaking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short! I might upload this afternoon too cause it wasn't a very good end to the chapter :S