Chapter 97

**Maddie’s POV**

“Oops, sorry!” I duck around Fred in the hallway. The house seems to be teeming with people running up and down the stairs and in and out of rooms. George rushes past and throws Alithea to me. I catch her and swing her around to Ginny. Ginny sits her in the high chair with a bottle of water and we all continue running around like crazy. It’s a quarter to three. The guests are expected any minute and other than Fred, George, Harry and Ron who are welcoming, no one has had a chance to get dressed.

“Fred?” I yell running up the stairs, “Fred! You have to go-”

We collide and I fall back down the steps.

“Who pushed my wife?” George yells, laughing. I climb to my feet, rubbing my butt and waving the boys out the door.

“Where’s my daughter?” I call, looking around wildly. Ginny calmly holds her out.

“Thanks,” I sigh, “you look amazing, by the way.”

I dash up to our bedroom and glance in the mirror. My hair is messed up and I have a smudge of dirt across my cheek. I grab a cloth and scrub madly at my face.

“Mummy, hungry!” Alithea calls, rubbing her eyes. I groan. Eye rubbing is not a good sign.

“Here, have some sandwich,” I tell her, handing her a piece of sandwich and hoping against hope.

“NO!” she shouts, “want you Mummy!”

I groan again. I’m going to look like a disaster zone. At least I won’t show up the bride. Ha… Ha…

**George’s POV**

“That’s most of the guests,” Fred says, “but where’s Maddie?”

“Here!” she calls, running over with Alithea bouncing on her hip. I smile at her. She’s dressed in a long, loose fitting red dress with her hair falling about in long, dark curls. Alithea is dressed in a little purple dress with her hair in a ponytail on top of her head.

“You look gorgeous,” I whisper as we walk to the front and take our seats.

“Thanks,” she replies. She hands me Alithea and leans her head against my shoulder for a moment. Bill and Charlie walk up onto the alter and Fred lets out a loud wolf-whistle. Charlie throws him a grin. The music grows louder and there’s a loud sigh from the back. I turn around and see Fleur and her father walking down the aisle.

“She’s so beautiful,” Maddie sighs in my ear. I look over at her and smile.

“Not as beautiful as you.”

As the vows finish and they are proclaimed husband and wife Mum starts sobbing into a handkerchief. A single tear trickles down Maddie’s face and Alithea, who appears to be sick of sitting still, starts clapping loudly.

“At least she got the timing right!” Maddie laughs as everyone else begins clapping too.

“Ladies and gentleman, if you would please stand up!” the celebrant calls. He waves his wand and creates a large dance floor with chairs and tables around the edge.

“Fancy,” Fred comments, “now, let me dance with my favourite niece.”
I hand Alithea to Fred and grab two glasses of champagne off a passing waiter. I hold one out to Maddie but she shakes her head.