A Long Drive for a Crappy Bed

"Do you see it?!" Daisy cheers as she claps her hands together ripping out my earphones in the process. "Ahh! Sorry Drew!"

     "It's fine...." I whisper and she smiles brightly.

     "Even with that huge frown on your face I can see you are excited!" She squeals and my eyes automatically roll. Just the opposite really... "I can't wait! You're going to love it Drew!"

"Ahh! I can already see the courts!" Violet says as I glance over at her. "Basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts-"

"Food courts." Daisy adds in.

"Racket Ball courts-" Violet grabs onto Daisy's shirt collar. "What did you just say?" She growls and Daisy let out a cry.

"Drew, save me!" She screams clinging to my sleeve.

"Hey! You're stretching out my shirt!" I yell and she lets go instantly.

"I'm sorry!" She squeaks and I shake my head.

"Drew doesn't love you~" Violet says and Daisy whimpers. Their mom lets out a laugh as they glare at each other and I slowly look out the window.

I can see my reflection in the car window but slowly adjust my eyes to the lake. Waves of beautiful, crystal, clear water laps against the white sand. A long pier sinks out into the water with a long canoe attached to it. It bobs up and down with the waves and I tilt my head slightly.

     "Ahh all the water sports!" Violet cheers as she stares out at the water. "Man I had some good times, not to mention a lot of numbers."

     "You are so full of yourself..." Daisy mumbles and Violet makes a fist.

     "What did you say?" She growls and Daisy holds up her hands.

     "I'm sorry!" She says and then frowns. "The lake isn't all about water sports..."

     "Are you talking about that stupid legend?" Violet complains and Daisy rolls her eyes.

     "The legend says: Long ago, there was a princess and her knight roaming nears the cliffs of the lake at night. In the distance, a storm was brewing rapidly fast and she was extremely afraid. The knight, who loved the princess very much, whispered to her 'your highness, relax, everything will be alright...' She was so happy to hear those words from him and the walked on. Apparently, they had traveled everywhere in the camp, before it was a camp of course. As they walked along, their was a loud crack as lightening struck the tree and a huge branch fell towards them. Her knight pushed her to safety and he fell into the lake. Sadly the branch was too heavy, and he drowned." Daisy's eyes shadow sadly as she sighs. "The Spiteful knight, heartbroken as he trudges the banks of the lake calling out to his princess, and when he sees a couple, he curses them and they break up!"

     "So dumb..." Violet groans and I look over the lake imagining it all.

     "Shut up Violet!" Daisy barks as she looks at me. "Some even say when a storm comes, you can hear him calling out to her... Moaning with agony..."

     "Well... It's not agony they are moaning with..." Violet says laughing and Daisy blushes bright red.

     "Mom! Violet is being a pervert again!" Daisy yells and their mom glances back.

     "Girls just stop arguing." She says smiling brightly. "Don't worry Drew, it's just a superstition."

     "It's alright, I enjoy that stuff." I whisper as I look back over the lake.

      I really don't know if my mind is messing with me or not. In the distance, another pier slinks out from the bank and I faintly see a man standing looking out over it. Slowly I rub my eyes and he is gone. I watch as the water laps against it and slowly I smile.

•*•*•

     "AHHH!" Daisy squeals as stares up practically jumping out of her shoes. "Look! We're here!" She yanks her bags up and runs inside as I stare up at the cabin.

     "Smell that?" Violet asks as she sniffs the air. "It's the smell of great times!"

     "Really, I thought it was sweat and floor cleaner..." I whisper and she laughs carrying her bags inside. "So I'm going to spend my next three months stuck here?"

     "It'll be fun!" Their mom hands me my bags and I look at her. "I had a lot of fun at camp." She smiles at me and I sigh. "Why don't you go check it out."

     Shrugging, I walk up the stairs and go inside. The smell of Pine Floor cleaner drifts in the air. Slowly I look around and see three bunk beds against the far wall of the cabin. The bunk on the far left has bags on the top and bottom bunk and I slowly turn. I walk to the far right bunk and throw my bag into the top bunk. The bottom bunk was already set up with someones sheets, blankets, and pillows. I look over and see a TV with two couches that will hold about three people each. I slowly turn again and look over to see a little hall that leads into the bathroom.

     "Ahh! Are you gonna be my Bunk Buddy?!" Someone cheers from behind me and I turn to look at her. She has a bright smile, with her red hair pulled into a long pony tail. "That's great!" She runs over arms opened wide.

     "I don't hug." I say holding out my hand blocking her. Her smile falls slightly but she instantly brightens up.

     "Oh no..." Violet whispers and the woman turns around.

     "Vi-Vi!" She squeals practically tackling her with a huge hug. "It's been so long!"

     "Hi Ms. Tina...." She whispers and Daisy stops then Ms. Tina tackles her.

     "I have my girls back!" She squeals squeezing Daisy tightly. "Oh and what's your name."

     "This is our friend Drew." She manages to squeak out.

     "I have another girl!" She says smiling at me brightly.

     "Sorry, not happening." I mumble stepping onto the ladder and unzipping my suitcase and taking out my sheets and stuff.

     Ms. Tina frowns then nods as she fixes her face into a bright smile. Clapping her hands, she  draws everyone's attention as I sit on the most uncomfortable bed I've ever been on.

    "After you guys are all settled, we have to head over to the entrance ceremony!" She cheers and I jump off my bed.

     "What are we, in a sorority?" I whisper to Violet and she snorts.

     "Surprising but this camp is a lot better than a sorority." She whispers back and I look over at her as Daisy rolls her eyes.

     "How would you know what a sorority is like?" She complains and Violet glares. 

     "I don't know much of a sorority.." I mumble as we begin walking out. "But I bet their beds are more comfortable than these ones..."

•*•*•

Thanks so much for reading chapter one! All places and charterers are NOT real! Please keep that in mind as you read. I really hope you liked chapter one~