Bluebonnets

How long have we been running now? How long has it been since the ambush? How much loner do we have to run? I'm scraped..... I really am scared. To scared to speak out everything I want to say. What about home? What about the kingdom? What about father and mother? Oh, don't cry! Don't cry! I must be strong!

"Maybe we should rest." Sir Adams whispers stopping and looking around. Gladly, she falls to her knees and he kneels do to her. "Princess, are you alright?" He calls as she nods shivering.

"Just weary." She whispers and he leans forward examining her face. "What are you doing?"

"My, what a horridly red face." He whispers eyes wide and she hits his arm. "What a sad excuse for a punch." He whispers standing up and standing stiff and still.

"What are you doing?" She calls as he looks back to her.

"I am guarding so you may rest." He states plainly as he turns his gaze back in front of him. "Go ahead." He says and she stares at his broad back as he stands perfectly still. The cold back of a knight filled with hate. Tucking her body tightly to a big tree, she closes her eyes as weariness compels her to rest.

•*•*•

     He turns to see a man far off walking suspiciously their way. The time had shifted from midnight to about four as she had slept. He glances her way as she sleeps soundly and curses under his breath as he looks back to the wanderer from afar. Grumbling he slips away from her side and walks behind a tree and peeks away. The man walks closer and Sir Adams raises an arrow stringing it to the bow. His eyes narrow as he sees the rivaling kingdom's knights design on his chest. He takes in a sharp breath and let's the arrow fly and the only sound is a sudden thump to the hard ground. He hurries over checking his chest and everything for a clue. Looking down he pulls his eyes shit and places his hand over the wound in his chest.

     "May your service be forever remembered by God and your men." He whispers and stands hurrying back to the princess. "Princess." He calls shaking her shoulders as she looks up. "We must leave now." He says and she yawns as he pulls her to her feet. Grabbing her arm, he takes off once again as she trips behind him.

•*•*•

     "Dawn...." He whispers as she looks up questionably. "Dawn is rising." He whispers as they walk up a steep hill. Their bodies are drenched in sweat and their legs burn badly. Her heart thumps wildly as she pants and he looks back at her. "Are you alright?" He asks and she nods firmly as she leans forward.

     "I just don't understand where you are seeing the sunrise. It's too dark." She groans and he shakes his head grabbing her arm and pulling her along to the top of the hill. "I'm fine." She whispers but doesn't pull away from him as he drags her.

     Walking up the steep top of the hill, he leads her to the very top and stops letting her arm go. He stares over and as she looks forward to see far off, the hill line lights pink with the rising sun. When it reaches up towards the sky, it begins turning orange. Pink fills around and then a seeming purpleish tint. Light blue falls from that the to dark blue then from that to black sky. Almost like a wonderfully painted canvas only real and not paints. Like the ones that hang in the castle walls she had looked upon since she was able to crawl.  Her eyes brightly as she leans forward watching it rise and the sky change colors. He watches along side her and a small shine catches his eyes as he turns. Looking down, he spots a pretty purple-blue flower standing proudly as its petals begin to open to the sunlight. Morning dew sprinkles its petals and he tilts his head as he leans down.

     "How odd..." He whispers staring as he gently touches the petal.

•*•*•

     "How odd...." Daisy grumbles as we all grumble our tired complaints.

     "What is it now?" Violet asks rubbing her eyes. "What weird thing must we look at now?"

     "It's not weird!" She barks as she squats down and we walk to her as Adam leans down beside her. "These are usually only found in Texas. What on earth is a bluebonnet doing here?" She whispers flipping pages frantically.

     "Maybe it blew a long distance away with its wonderful years of traveling of winds and storms, it landed safely planting its self here." Drew says folding her arms as my eyes follow her.

     "Quit being a smartass!" Daisy barks as Kenny kneels down as does Drew. "Whatever, now I'm upset Drew made it sad." The other stand and begin to leave but Drew sits still. She stares down at the flower and gently, she touches its petal as the dew sparkles and she smiles.

    It's strange really. How such a horrible language and attitude can come from such a down to earth girl. How when she can say something crude about something but turn around and seem completely enthralled into it. How she can make the ugliest comments, but seem so beautiful.... Beautiful? Is that right? I guess it is....

•*•*•

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! Ohh and who's POV do you think that was??? Please comment your answer! Thanks again hope to have your reads for next time or vote or comment or add 😂