Stay A Little Longer

Walking out into the park, I check around for some guards then hurry into a small bush squatting down. I waddle under the small space then come out of the small opening. Sighing I jump up and look over to see Dean with his arms folded.

"You came from under the bush?" He asks and points to a small split between the bushes. "There's an opening right there."

"I don't take the easy way out." I say folding my arms and he laughs slightly.

"In other words, you had no idea it was there." He states and I shrug as I walk towards him.

"Yep that exactly it!" I say smiling as I waltz to the honeysuckle and pull some. We stand there, awkwardly, as we suck on some honeysuckle. "So.... What do you want to do?" I mumble and he takes a sharp breath as he goes to talk. "Nothing gross!" I shout and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not going to say something gross!" He barks then sighs sadly. "I was going to say we can ask things to get to know each other." I stare at him blankly and he sighs. "Okay, I'll go first." Sitting down, he tilts his head and nods. "How'd you end up with Violet and Daisy? I mean you guys are completely different."

"Well... I guess when I moved there I really didn't go out to meet people and they just happened to live close by. So I hung out with them and we soon became great friends." I whisper and shrug slightly sitting down beside him. "Okay my turn." I say swaying slightly then nod. "How did you get the band?"

"Hmm...." He mumbles and looks around then nods. "I guess when Adam, Charlie and I went into middle school, we had this dream of forming a band to get girls so we got the band geek Timothy and our neighbor Will." He says shrugging. "Practiced all year, and when we went to camp, we performed." He laughs slightly as he shrugs. "My turn~" puffing up his cheeks, he nods his head slightly then smiles. "What brought you to the camp?"

"Violet and Daisy." I say blankly and he laughs slightly. "Why do you need to impress girls?"

"Um, high school boy." He says and I gag as he chuckles. "Have you ever gotten into a fight?"

"Hmm..." I whisper looking down as he hands me a honeysuckle. "Yes! First grade, some guy took my Legos so I punched him in the face." I say and he burst out laughing.

"Over Legos?" He asks and I nod sadly.

"Funny thing is. He goes to my high school and asked me out." I mumble and Dean leads forward.

"Did you date him?" He asks raising an eyebrow and I smile evilly.

"My turn to ask!" I state and he groans. "Have you gotten into a fight?"

"Um.... Yeah." He says and I smile. "I broke Adam's nose, because we had argued over something with the band." He shrugs then smiles happily. "We settled it but I have to do him a favor."

"What's the favor?" I ask and he shakes his head and finger in sync. "Crap."

"Did you date him?"

"No." I say shrugging and he tilts his head. "What was the deal?"

"I have to help him with his crush and winning her over." He says and then leans down. "Why didn't you date him?"

"He was rude and annoying." I say shrugging. "Who's the girl?"

"Who do you think?" He asks and I frown as he laughs. "Alright alright. Violet."

"Awe!" I say then think a little. "Oh ewe! I don't want to deal with a couple!" I shout and he laughs nodding.

"Have... You ever dated anyone?" He asks and I look at him surprised.

"Well, yeah...." I whisper and clear my throat. "Speaking of dating." I mumble turning to him. "Why'd you date that chick that Charlie likes?"

     "Jenny?" He asks and I nod as he shrugs. "Well, she was the hottest girl in camp, so I went up to her and asked. Dated the entire time at camp then we went home so we broke up." He shrugs then looks at me. "Who'd you date?"

     "Just some guy last year..." I mumble then sigh. "Why'd you date her when Charlie liked her?" I ask and he shakes his head sadly.

     "That's the thing. I didn't know he like her until I went home after camp and he told me. Now, I'm trying everything I can for him to win her over." He whispers shaking his head. "Even if she is a whore." I gasp at his words and he shrugs. "What happen to the relationship?" I pause as I stare at the ground. Dean doesn't say anything until I grip my shirt and smile.

     "Classic high school drama!" I say laughing and look down shaking my head. "Alright, what's your favorite food?" I asks as he stares at me until he laughs slightly as we confines the ridiculous questions.

     After almost several hours of talking, I remember the meeting with Charlie. My body tenses as I begin to stand up and smile sadly.

     "It's getting late!" I say and he stands up. "I should head back."

     "Really? It's only 11:00." He says looking at his watch then laughing. "We can stay out a little longer."

     "No, I really have to go!" I say smiling slightly and  go to turn when he grabs my hand.

     "Please." He whispers looking at me. "Stay a little longer. It's fun hanging out with you without the rest of the group." I smile sadly then shake my head. "Alright.... I'll see you tomorrow."

     "See you then!" I call as I run from the slot in the pushes and run towards the boys cabin.

•*•*•

     "Are you alright?" Charlie calls and I slam into the tree stopping myself.

     "Y-yeah!" I call and he nods as I laugh. "Do you have a song tonight?"

     "Actually." He whispers and I raise an eyebrow. "I want to talk first."

     "Alright." I say nodding as I squat down leaning against the tree. "Let's talk."

     Once more, the quite Charlie bursts with words that most of the wisest men in the world could know. He talks about his problems and how he doesn't know what to do about his confession to the girl he likes. Then I give my opinion, back and forth we continue to talk.

     "Maybe you could write a song. I mean, you're good with a guitar and your voice is great." I say and he tilts his head.

     "Write her a song?" He asks and I nod as I yawn tiredly. "Could you tell me a little more?"

     "Oh, just find out things she likes and put your feelings into song." I whisper and he nods as I jump up. "Holy cow it 2:27!" I bark and he nods. "I have to go!"

     "W-wait! Can't you stay a little longer?" He calls an I stop as the same sweet voice flows out that Dean called to me with.

      "We'll talk more tomorrow!" I call and run up to the cabin with my mind whirling and my heart throbbing.

•*•*•

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! So I know it's kinda.... Bleh..... Sorry 😁! Anyhow! Hope to have your vote!