The Beginning of July and a trip to the lake

"It's..... So..... Hot....." I let out in deep groans and moans as we meet into the normal center with the boys. Taking the same dirt path as always as we follow different cabins the that direction. "Damned July...."

"Ahh! July's fun Drew!" Daisy says happily and my eyes narrow on her. "I mean, hotdogs, sodas, fireworks!" She squeals and I glare at her reasoning.

"You can have any of that for the entire year!" I shout and she shakes her head and I give her an evil smile. "Fireworks are also during New Years." I whisper and her face crumbles as I lean back.

The rising sun had hardly made it mark above the distant hills but the heat was over whelming. I can feel my head pound as I begin to think sweat it already beginning to trickle down my neck. I wipe it away as I turn to Violet. Violet, however, has a very strong tolerance for heat. Will her continuos playing in the non air conditioned depths of hell she calls the gym, along with her love of summer and all things softball. She has a smug smile on her face as she skips along the other side of me. Along with them, the other girls are happy as well, and Ms. Tina is in her normal overly perky spirit like always. Am I delusional? Or just them? It's too hot for a smile like they have, or anything. Seriously, I honestly think I'm melting!

"There's the boys!" Ms. Tina calls as we turn to people far worse than I.

Adam is slumped against his drums as he stares absently into the crowd. Will hugs cool guitar from his newly opened guitar case as Timothy leans in the darkest corner he can find. Charlie, seems okay, he sits on the ledge of the stage, until I get a glance of his face. His eyes look like they've lost all moister in them and his hair is sticky with sweat. Now, Dean.....

"It's not natural for humans to be in this heat!" He shouts to Kenny who is perfectly normal. "I'm going to die!"

"Wow..." Daisy whispers leaning over to me. "He sounds like you." My eyes roll to her and she shakes with fear from the glare I give her. "S-sorry!"

"You can turn a man to stone with that stare...." Violet whispers and I turn it to her as she steps away.

"Please do!" Adam shouts from his drums. "May the stone be freezing cold!" He shouts and groans laying his head back down.

"God you guys are awful...." Kenny whispers sadly as we all look at him.

"Not as awful as this heat!" Will shouts hugging his guitar tighter to him.

"Um...." Ms. Tina pulls out a schedule as Kenny walks over peering over her shoulder. Her cheeks redden, (and not from the heat ;)) as she stares to the papers closely. "Ooh!" Kenny smiles happily and she raises her hands to show him. Nodding, he folds his arms over his chest as he steps up to stand beside Ms. Tina.

"Well! You guys got lucky!" He shouts as he nods and the boys, very reluctantly, walk over to be able to hear him. "We are taking a very nice trip today!"

"Is that sarcasm? Because I am not to be messed with!" Dean shouts and Charlie looks like he's about to melt the longer we stand as his legs wobble. "See! He's melting!"

"Shut up Dean." Kenny grumbles rubbing his temples with his thumb and index finger. "We get to go to the, lake!" Dean grabs his shirt glaring.

"This better not be a joke!" He shouts and Kenny pats his head with a smug smile.

"Not a joke!" He cheers and Dean letting go, turns around with a wide smile.

"Well! Let's go get our suits!" He shouts and the boys take off as we watch the dust they kicked up settle.