The Mean Girl and Another Meet

"Ahh I'm so tired..." I mumble and Dean smiles sliding in. "No."

"You don't even know what I'm going to say!" He barks and I look at him with an arched brow up. "S-shut up..."

"Guys guys!" Adam shouts and the guys turn to him. "Position! She's coming!"

"Shit!" Dean shouts and turns to Charlie. "Dude just breath."

"C-can't!" He squeezes out and I look at Will.

"His crush, loved her since they were little." He answers and I look at Charlie who is frantically fanning his face. "He's a little scared." His face is beet red and his eyes look hazy and I can't help feeling he looks like he's about to pass out.

"Are you alright Charlie?" Daisy asks peering at him and Timothy shouts.

"Zippy zippy!" He calls and Charlie freezes and she stares.

"Dude Breath!" Dean shouts and hits his back and he sucks in air. "Just relax."

Timothy jumps beside a tall blond girl and she smiles as the start talking. Will casually calls him over and once that happens, Adam strums a steady beat on the drums drawing her attention. He nods as he hits the drums and she bops her head away then Dean casually takes her away. He walks a little leading her in front of Charlie and once right there, he hurries away and she turns to see Charlie.

"Whoa!" She says and all the boys gather around with us girls to watch. "Hey Charlie!"

"Hey J-J-Jenny." He says and smiles shyly. "How are you?"

"Oh I'm great! Yeah we were about to go hangout with our group." She says smiling then points. "Them." He turns and sucks in air as we all look. Oh it's Corpses Rising. "They are so cool!" She squeals and Charlie nods.

"R-right. They are pretty good..." He whispers and takes a deep breath. "Listen Jenny, I was wondering if-"

"Oh I have to go." She mumbles and smiles sheepishly. "I have a little gathering with the guitarist." She smiles and hurries off leaving him there.

"Ahh...." Dean walks up and pats his back. "I'm sorry Char...."

"It's fine.... It was a long shot anyway..." He whispers and sits down in a chair by Violet. My stomach twists and I march over to the girl.

"Excuse me." I whisper and she turns around. "Um, not really my business, but he was talking to you and you just took off... I mean, maybe you should at least apologize or just listen to what he has to-"

"Okay just stop." She says holding up her hand. "Listen here sweetheart, it isn't your business but I'll tell you the truth. I know what he was going to say because every guy here has said it to me. He's been after me for years and I just don't really care, he's too soft. Anyway, he's just kinda there anyway.... See ya around!" She flips her hair as she turns back around and I clench my fists as I step away. "Oh wait what's your name?"

"Drew." I mumble and she gives me a funny look.

"Like the boys name?" She asks and giggles happily turning back around and I shake my head and walk.

I could strangle her! I mean, he was going to pour his heart out and she just.... You know what, none of my business! Seriously though, my name isn't that much of a guys name.... Ughhh!

"Who gave Drew the death stare?" Violet asks and I tremble as I look to Jenny. "Dude, you're so angry your trembling!"

"She is horrible!" I whisper and Violet nods.

"Sadly he doesn't know that." Violet mumbles pointing to Charlie. "Let him find out."

"She made fun of him!" I bark and Violet shushes me and points to Dean.

"They dated." She whispers and I'm about to argue then stop.

"Ass with ass..... Hmm..." I mumble and she laughs hitting me lightly.

"Come on , Kenny says we have some fun activities!"

"Doubt that." I mumble and stand as we casually walk to the group and Kenny pulls out some hola hoops.

I watch as they laugh happily as the hola hoop. A small crowd forms around us as Dean continues to get more hola hoops added until he is up to almost 10. They begin to cheer out and a flash goes off and I turn to see the camera man taking photos of several groups. I watch and Dean throws a hola hoop around me pulling me to him he gets into the same hoop and I stare at him.

"What is this for?" I mumble and he smiles happily shrugging.

"You seemed kinda down so I decided to cheer you up." He states and I look around.

"And you thought this would make me happy?" I asks and he frowns. "How gross." I mumble and he starts spinning. "Hey! Stop it!" I shout and he continues until I'm laughing from getting dizzy.

"Show you how you hoop!" He shouts jumping out and I raise an eyebrow as I begin. He laughs and we hola until he finally loses and my arms are raised in victory.

•*•*•

"Your back." Charlie calls as I stand in the shadows and smile slightly. "I was just about to start."

"I'm ready." I whisper and he smiles as he begins strumming a tune. I listen to the lonely sound of his soft voice. His long fingers press hard and softly onto the strings as he sings. My ears perk up at every note and I take a step forward when he stops. "You are singing for someone."

"How...." He whispers and I step forward. "How do you know?"

"I can just tell by the way you sound." I whisper and he slowly smiles as he stands up. "I mean music is the way you feel, how you make people feel."

"That's how I feel." He whispers and stops looking around. "So, erm, Cinderella." He laughs slightly and I raise an eyebrow. "Can I hear your real name?"

"Wait, what?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I just want to know who I'm talking to is all..." He mumbles and sighs as he shakes his head. "I'm just kinda bored I guess.... It would be nice to know someone who actually listens."

"Mmm...." I hum and smile slightly as I lean back. "Okay, well you don't have to know me, I'll just listen..." I whisper and I see a smile form on his face.

Then, for hours, we talked until it began getting bitterly cold as the wind began to pick up. Saying goodbye, I hurry to the cabin and once agin, I have another night I found myself hiding who I was to this new side of Charlie I seen. Then the thought popped into my head.

If Charlie has a different personality alone. Then maybe Dean does too. Hmm, I guess it wouldn't hurt to find out. . .

•*•*•

thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed and I'm kinda pumped for this story! It's picking up how I want it, so tell me what you think of the story. I guess I'm so pumped because I'm going off to camp in a few weeks 😂. Anyhow! If you're interested, how about you comment or message me a funny memory from camp and I can add it in the story. Then during my Authors note I'll dedicate the capper to you! Anyhow, thanks guys!!!