Passion Flower

How upsetting... The knight from last night had to go on a errand... I wish I could have gotten his name. He was so kind to me, but maybe it's because Father is the king... How I hate such depressing thoughts, but yet they brew in my mind. How I hope it's not the case. Oh, I hear a sound, maybe he's back!

She jumps away from the window and hurries out of her room. She hurries down the halls and out into the garden. The maids yell out to her as she runs out of the gate. Knights of the castle walk from a far and her eyes widen. She stands on her and a maid runs to her.

     "Mi'lady! This is dangerous to be out this early. It's too cold!" She shouts and waves her hands around.

     "The Knights come." The Princess states and she watches with her. "How odd, where is the knight with the wonderful manners?"

     "Sir Henry?" She asks and She nods. He was off on further business." She states and the Knights come up with a very cold looking man in the front. "S-sir Adams!"

"what is the Princess doing out here?" He asks and glares at her. "You should be ashamed!"

"Y-yes Sir." The maid says and she turns to him.

"Pardon me, but I came out on my own!" She states and clears her throat. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Oh pardon me." He whispers bowing slightly then hops down. "I had no idea we had such a dumb girl for a Princess."

"E-excuse me!"  She yells and presses her hand against her chest. "That is inappropriate and extremely rude!"

"I'm not a knight, not you little pal. I'm supposed to be looking down on your upsetting behavior." He states folding his arms.

"Where is Sir Henry?" She asks and he lets out a huge laugh.

"That Bimbo?" He asks and She glares. "He is such a goodie goodie."

"Well, he's kinder than you!" She grumble and he rolls his eyes. "Well, good day."

"Yeah yeah." He says and She walks back inside with the maid.

     "What a horrible man!" She shouts when she shuts the door. Folding her arms she looks towards the maid. "Who is that foul man!?"

     "He's the head of knight Your Highness!" The maid says and her eyes twitch.

     That guy? Are you KIDDING?!

     "How?" She asks and the maid looks up.

     "His swordsmanship is like no other." She says and the frowns. "We must be getting you to breakfast!"

     "Ahh, right, of course..." She says and they walk down the hall once again.

     The girl stares out the windows towards the garden. Her eyes are fixed on a long and winding road that stretches East. Her hands swing slowly by her side and her heart thumps widely. She just wanted Knight Henry to come back safe and sound. Yet, she couldn't understand why...

•*•*•

     "What a long day...." She whispers as sets down her book. Walking to the window she opens it and a soft breeze blows in. "Look at the stars..."

     Bright and large in the sky hung stars everyone dreams of seeing. Yet they didn't feel her with anything special. There also hung the moon, lighting the garden and all its closed flowers. She places her cheek in her hand and gazes up. A flash of light soars over her and her eyes widen as she presses her palms together squeezing her eyes shut.