A Talk with Charlie

"Hey Charlie." I whisper as I step and lean into the normal tree I had been for the past month. "How was your spot for the show? Mine was horrible." I laugh and he sits up setting the guitar by his feet.

"Oh, mine was actually really good!" He says smiling as he looks towards me. "We were by the lake and it seemed like they were right above us." He whispers and I smile as I remember it all.

"Do you have couples in your group?" I mumble as I take in a deep breath.

"Well.... We have suspicions, actually, one is my brother..." He mumbles and I make a hmm sound as he smiles slightly. "Yeah, him and a girl names drew." My heart stops as he continues. "Also, Adam and Violet, mostly Kenny and Ms. Tina though...." He whispers and my ears buzz at the thought of me and Dean together.... SO GROSS!! No no no! "Do you?"

"Oh.... Um no...." I mumble as I look to him and realize how close his is the where I stand. "Actually, we just recently had our first pick up on one." I mumble and he nods as he steps closer. "H-how's the song coming along?"

"It's going okay..." He whispers stepping into the woods and I step away. "Say.... Instead of working on the song today, how about we talk?" I let out a laugh as he sits on a log after walking out.

"Oh.... Um sure...." I whisper as I walk back to my spit and sit down. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Okay, so..... Favorite color?" He mumbles and I smile.

"Blue!" I shout and raise an eyebrow. "Yours?"

"Green. Hmm.... Favorite song?"

"Ooh that's kind hard.... I like most songs, unless I don't like them."

"Smart ass." He whispers and I smile. "Believe it or not I like more sentimental songs..."

"Like, ones about love and stuff?"

"Yeah..... Kinda....."

"Alright, hmm..... Indoors or outdoors?"

"I'm more of an indoor person."

"Same here... Dog or cat?"

"Dogs all the way!" He cheers and I smile. "Hmm favorite food?"

"Um.... All food." I state as he laughs, a thick laugh rolling in the air like music.

"Hmm.... Ooh! Here's a good one. Waffles or pancakes?"

"Waffles of course!" I shout and he looks into the woods. "I mean, they have little holes that holds the syrup! And their fluffy and delicious!" I cheer and he laughs a little more. "What is it?"

"I was just thinking about what you said, it sounded familiar." He mumbles then looks Down at his feet. "Okay, here's a better one.... What, brought you to this camp?" He whispers and my eyes widen as he gulps. "I want to know.... That's all..."

"W-well....." I whisper as I think over what I should tell him. A lie in which i should be used to giving, or the truth. My head burns with a headache and my heart thumps in my chest as I choke out a few words. "Okay... Well, a few years ago, something had happened and it left me in a bad place. So, my friends got me to come here in hopes that everything would be better... I guess I came to find myself again...." I mumble and he gulps as I stare at him. "Why, what brought you here?"

"It's..... The only place I'm really happy...." He whispers as he stares at the ground.

"You don't look happy." I mumble and he looks up as I want to reach out and hold him but I can't.... I can't show him who I am. "You look upset, and lost."

"Lost...." He whispers and his lips curve into a small smile. "I guess, I came to find myself too...." He whispers as I nod.

It isn't all a lie.... I mean, I really did come to find myself.... Someone that wasn't me.... I came to get away from myself, and too act like my life was normal... Then again, I guess I wanted to see the old me again, too see if I was still in this hollow shell somewhere.

"Shall we continue with our game of 20 Questions?" He laughs and I nod wiping a tear I didn't realize I had Shed as I smile. "Okay..... What grade are you in?"

"Going into my junior year." I whisper as Charlie smiles.

"Same here." He says and I smile as I learn more about him. What he's scared of, what he loves, his weakness.

"Ahh! Come on, that isn't so bad as a first kiss!" I laugh as he shakes his head. "Mine was way worse!" I laugh and he smiles.

"Alright, explain!" He states as I lean back.

"I was in the ninth grade and I was at a basketball game... The boys were playing and I had a crush on one of the players, so when he had tripped and landed a huge kiss on my lips in the middle of a game. The entire school saw, and I also got a busted lip...." I mumble and he grimaces as I laugh.

"Alright, well, you beat me." He says holding up his arms as I smile. "We both deserve an actual good first kiss." He says as I agree then he looks up. "Oh god, did we talk all night?" He whispers as I look up to see a brightening sky and I sigh.

"I guess we did...." I whisper and he laughs as I see him look at me. "I'll.... See you tomorrow night Charlie...." I whisper as I stand up and he smiles slightly.

"Goodnight, Camp Cinderella." He whispers as he looks at me with his beautiful eyes and I feel how close we've seem to get. "See you tomorrow." He whispers and I nod as he speaks up. "Will I ever get to actually see you?" He calls and I look at him and smile slightly.

"You might've already seen me...." I mumble and his eyes widen. "I mean, I see you all the time..." I whisper then laugh. "See you around keep an eye out.... Because you have so slipper to find this Cinderella." I call and I run off as his wide smile and I can't help feel like it's a game of cat and mouse... I just can't tell if I'm the cat or the mouse. . .

•*•*•

Thanks for reading!!! Sorry it's so short! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! Remember to vote, comment, follow, or add!

This is for Taytor_Tot_Taylor i love your story!!!! I hope you like these!!!!