Ropes course and Malcolm's truth

"I'm dead...." I mumble staring up at the large structure. Ropes dangle in the air along with wooden boards among other things. "I'm literally going to die!"

      "Maybe you'll get someone good." Daisy says smiling as we all turn to Kenny as he holds out a jar.

      "Everyone close your eyes and pick a color!" He cheers happily as we complain and do as we're told. "Ready! Open your eyes and find your partner!" He calls and I open mine to see Dean standing in front of me with a happy smile.

     "Um.... I have to find my partner." I mumble as he holds up the yellow Popsicle stick that matches mine. "Crap..." I mumble then raise an eyebrow. "Wait weren't you over there?" I mumble pointing my finger to the opposite side of the group.

     "I'm an optimistic." He states happily as one of the workers for the camp smiles happily at us.

      "Who'd like to go first?" He asks and Dean grabs my arm holding it in the air with a big grin.

     "We do we do we do!" He cheers and I yank my arm away from him.

      "No we don't!" I hiss and he smiles as the worker hands me a helmet and harness.

      Mumbling my complaints, I put on the harness with the help of a camp helper and I'm buckled in with ropes and other things. Dean stands beside with a happy grin and my eyes roll. Although, I have to admit, the way his hair peeks out from underneath the helmet.

     "Alright, this is a team work experiment! So you have to work together." He cheers happily as he smiles and hands Dean a rope. "This is her support rope, don't let it go or she won't have support."

     "I'm dead." I whisper as Dean pats my back and smiles at me happily.

      "Don't worry! I Won't let you down!" He says happily and I narrow my eyes as I walk up to the fallen net that leads to a platform.

     Climbing up isn't hard at all, as I stand and Dean smiles as he climbs up beside me. The same guy that helped us before smiles happily from a below our first obstacle with the rest of the group staring up at us. Dean of course, has me go first. Sighing, I walk forward holding onto my rope that hands over a line above the course. My feet balance on a rope that is connected to the other platform. I narrow my eyes as I walk along the rope holding my arms out for extra balance. My heart bangs in my chest and a shout from below catches me off guard.

     "You have to work together!" The guy shouts as I look down and my eyes widen at how far up I am. My legs shake and I grab the rope as my foot slips.

     "Drew!" Daisy shouts and I regain my balance as I nod to her. "Be carful!"

     "I'm fine just calm down!" I shout back as I continue on walking the rope. Finally at the other platform, I jump off and sigh as I take in a deep breath and they cheer. Dean easily makes his way without a problem and I turn to the next one. "Are you kidding?" I whisper as Dean jumps onto the platform.

     "Hmm..... Good luck." He laughs and I glare as I march to the edge of the platform and stare at the swinging boards.

      Groaning, I stretch out and jump onto the first one and I groan as I Climb up due to it being a bit to far. I look back at Dean who stares at me with wide eyes. I sigh and stare at the wide distance between the next swing and I grab the ropes on both sides of the board and start swinging. Another yell comes about how we need to work as a team and I ignore it as I continue to jump and swing my way to the next platform. Dean follows in suit and we both stand on the platform as I stare at the easiest one yet. Simply a bridge of wooden planks outstretched to the next one. Smiling, I step on and Dean steps on behind me and I glare.