Preperation and fireworks

"AHHH!" Daisy screams out happily. "The 4th of July is tomorrow!!!" Her feet pound the ground happily almost like she's about to take flight.

     "Calm down." Violet mumbles as Adam smiles at her. "We have to find a place today right? So.... What'd we get in the drawing?"

     "Drawing?" I mumble leaning forward on my feet as I sway.

     "They have a drawing to see who goes first on picking out places to see the fireworks." Daisy explains happily as Dean pipes in. "We always get bad spots." He states as Daisy nods. "Us too!" She sighs and Kenny looks down at his list.

      "Luck is on our side guys!" He cheers and points to the paper. "We get first pick!" He cheers and we all smile as his face falls. "Quick! Everyone get inside the van!" Practically being shoved into the van, we kick up dust as we drive to our destination with a mad man at the wheel.

•*•*•

     "Are you serious?" Dean grumbles as his eye twitches. "Of all the amazing places, we go here?!" We all stare out at the lake as they all glare to him. "This place sucks!"

     "Hey! I came here when I was a camper and I loved it!" Kenny states clapping his hands smiling. "Now! Let's set up some stuff for tomorrow!" He cheers and grumbling, we all walk along the sandy banks.

    "I guess I'll go look for rocks for the fire pit...." Dean whispers and Kenny smiles brightly.

     "Great! Drew can help you!" He cheers as we share looks and begin walking along the bank.

     "Sorry you're stuck with me!"  Dean mumbles as he picks up a rather flat rock and tosses it over the lake as it skips over the water. "Woo! Six skips!"

     "Hmm...." I mumble as I pick one up and toss it into the water. It skips none and sinks. I crinkle my eyebrows together as I hear a silent laugh to my right. I jerk my head and he stops eyes wide. "Meanie..." Walking off I search for the rocks we have to find.

     "Ahh! Drew wait!" Dean calls as he runs up to me and we walk side by side searching. "Say..... Do you like Fourth of July?" He asks and I shrug.

     "I'm not a huge fan of holidays." I whisper as I pick up a large rock and walk tossing it into the air.

     "Ooh?" He says eyes twisting as I turn to him. "How come? They're fun. Food, gifts, candy, fireworks, and family and friends!"

     "That's why I don't like them." I state as I toss the rock over my back and a far splash echoes out and I look up to see the pier. I stare at it for a minute or two and my gaze sifts away not able to stare at that odd wooden structure. "Let's just find some rocks and be done with it." I mumble and walk forward.

      After walking the banks and back, we eventually find several massive and sturdy rocks to build our fire pit with. Kenny eyes are bright as we walk up and toss them to the ground and tells me to help Charlie out with his project. I walk down down a hill and find him picking up sticks. I step a few steps behind him as he turns looking at me.

     "Are you helping me?" He asks tilting his head and I nod as he nods his head over his shoulder. "Alright." He whispers as he walks and I follow after him. Walking a little ways were a line if trees begins a forest, he drops the sticks into a cloth where an already humongous pile sits.

     "W-whoa...." I whisper as I pull my arms behind my back and stare at the pile. "That's a lot of sticks."

     "Not really.... These will burn up pretty fast." He whispers as he peeks over to the edge of the line of the trees. He leans down picking up more sticks as I shake my head and head into the woods.