Blood Stains and a Hard Day

I don't understand... I can still see it in the back of my mind. They way he jumped to Henry, fists closed. The cracks of knuckles against Henry's face, along with the shouts from people close by. What's worse, is when Henry fought back. I thought my heart had stopped completely, I ran to them, trying to hold back tears. Why, was I so upset over it? No, why was HE so upset about it...?

"Drew.... You were up all night tossing and turning." Daisy states as we walk down towards breakfast. "Are you worried?"

"Of course I'm worried..." I whisper as I kick a rock away and shake my head. "I should have just kept my mouth shut..."

"About?" Daisy asks with a tilt of the head and I bite my lip and shake.

"Nothing...." I mumble as I step away from her and she stays back clearly seeing I wasn't in the mood for interrogation. I understand she just wants to help, but at this particular time I just can't deal with it. All my thoughts are set to the issues last night and the fact that each were bleeding. Walking into the main place, I look towards where it went down and surly enough cleaners stand trying to get the remaining stain of blood out. There, in the far corner, the boys stand and I look over them searching for him. No where in sight. My heart breaks slightly and we walk to them.

     "What's the news?" Violet asks as we step forward and they all share looks.

     "Well... They left this morning to the office again, but from what they told us, they both might be kicked out of camp." Adam whispers and low murmurs fills our small space.

      "Is Kenny with him?" Lucy asks as Adam nods firmly and she sighs as Violet nudges me.

      "Maybe... You should go talk to him." She whispers as I look up and stare at his back. He sits far away with he body folded as small as I can get. "Well?"

     "Yeah..." I mumble as I step away and walk to him. "Hey..." I whisper but he makes no attempt to look up at me. "How are you doing Dean?"

      "How do you think I'm doing?" He whispers as he looks up his face completing fallen and sullen.

     "I know... It's hard.... But maybe you should just, um.... Maybe you should-" He lifts up an arm pulling me into his chest as his voice falls over my head in raspy whispers.

      "I'm worried about him of course, but I'm more upset over what happened." He whispers as I feel his hands shaking against my back. My heart pounds as I look over and see we are completely covered so no one sees us. "I- when he showed up... I could do anything, I just stood there... Then, Charlie just, he just..... Threw his fists into him and they were both down. Yet I couldn't even help my own brother..." His voice shakes and I rest my cheek against his shoulder. "I just... Maybe I'm not a great older brother like I thought...." He whispers and shakes his head as I pull back slightly, my arms still at my side. "I mean.... I couldn't even.... Kick his ass for hurting you."

      "Dean...." I whisper and his face rises to look at me. "I'm fine.... I was completely frozen too..." I mumble looking around. "I mean.... It happened a long time ago, so it's fine...." I give him a small smile as I raise my arms wrapping them around his waist and hugging him as much as I can. "Just, forget all that and worry about Charlie." I whisper and I feel his arms wrap around me tighter. My body grows warm and I lean forward as my head rest against his shoulder. His chin and head rest in the crook of my neck as I take in a deep breath and let it out. "Alright, let's get back." I whisper as he nods softly and we pull away. No awkward silence fills the air, more like a comfortable one.

      "Well?" Violet asks as we reach the group and I give a firm nod and smile slightly.

      "He'll be okay." I mumble looking towards him as he begins talking with Adam and the others. The atmosphere still filled with worry, but for some reason, it seems lighter than before.

•*•*•

      "Still nothing?" I ask as Ms. Tina nods and I shake my head. "It's the end of the day!" My voice rises and I feel two hands press gently on my shoulders and I turn. "Oh hey Dean..."

     "Relax." He whispers and his arm slips around my shoulder as he leans his head against mine and Ms. Tina stares. "It'll be alright." He mumbles and I nod as I pull away and he smiles slightly.

     "I just can't get the scene out of my head." I mumble as I sit down. "There was a lot of blood..."

    "I know but he'll be here and he'll be okay." Dean whispers and I nod again as the camp director steps up and she begins talking. Her voice carries over us about the events of last night and my mind buzzes and rings.

     "I talked to both and both agreed that it would never happen again, so I chose not to suspend them from camp." I let out I breath I never noticed I was holding in as Dean grips my hand tightly. That too I never noticed before and I look to him as he stares at the stage with a big smile. His hand leaves mine and we all separate after her long speech.

      "I'll see you guys tomorrow." Dean mumbles as we all say goodbye and Ms. Tina sighs as we walk.

      "What's wrong with you?" I asks as she shakes her head.

      "Nothing, just seemed a little familiar." She whispers eyes dazed and I lean back silently as we continue our walk to the the cabin.

      My mind wonders over it all and I once again let out a sigh. My body rises and falls with my breaths and I finally try to smile a little bit. No one was going to leave and that is the great thing.... But the question still pops into my mind. Why was I so worried about it all?

•*•*•

     Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed and remember to vote on two stories that you think is interesting and would like to read! Also! I'm going for the Watty's on my other story Coffee Shop at the Corner go check that out as well! Thanks again! Remember to vote, comment, add and follow for more stories and updates!