Just a sprain and the dance

"Well, it looks like a small sprain!" The nurse says and Ms. Tina practically falls over from her huge relieved sigh. "You will, however have to hold out on all activities that may cause pain until it goes away." She says then finishes wrapping my ankle. "Would you like crutches?"

"I think I'm fine." I whisper and go to step off the table but my feet don't even though the ground and Violet and Daisy lift me off the ground together. "Guys...."

"You don't need to walk right now!" Daisy barks as she hugs me slightly. "You were just hurt!" Violet nods and lays a bag of ice on my head.

"You also banged your head a little didn't you?" She asks and then peers into my face. "Did the tennis ball hit you anywhere else?"

"I'll tell you what's about to get hit." I grumble and Ms. Tina waves her hand.

"Now now, let her walk if she wants to." She says and they pull away as I step on it slightly. I grimace slightly and they are both back at my side.

"I'm fine." I mumble as I pull and and limp out of the nurses office.

Stepping out, Daisy, Violet, and ms. Tina follow me out and from the corner of my eyes I see their arms waiting to catch me. Shaking my head, I limp away and we come upon the rest of the group patiently waiting on us. I walk over to them and Daisy clears her throat as they turn looking at us.

"Well. It's just a sprain." Ms. Tina says and in a flash, I'm lifted ,once again, by Kenny on his back and I groan. "S-she's fine Kenny!"

"No! A sprain needs to be cared for!" Kenny shouts and smiles at me. "You are going to be protected!"

"Anyhow..." Ms. Tina laughs and sighs as I give up and let my arms hang as he holds me up. "She won't be able to do activities for a while...." She whispers and smiles at me sadly.

"Oh no..." Dean says slowly as he doesn't even make an effort to get up from his laying position. "What on earth are we to do without Drew?" Sitting up, he looks at me. "Boo, hoo...... Hoo."

"Shut up." I state and he gives me a smile before laying back down. "You know you're laying in an ant pile right?"

"Well yeah- wait WHAT?!" He shouts jumping up and shaking his shirt around trying to free himself from the ants.

"Idiot." I grumble and Adam peers at me. "This is horrible! You aren't going to be able to do the activities." He shouts and I smile.

"That's alright. We only have a week left in June." I mumble and think back on all the moments we shared and how much trouble we had gotten into at some moments. Like how last week, Adam bought an ice cream which wound up melting and having it all over his face when someone had elbowed him. "It shouldn't take that long till my ankle heals."

"Great." Adam states and Dean shrugs not very impressed. "Not really." Dean mumbles and raises an eyebrow. "Maybe you'll be better by the dance."

"I'm sorry the what?!" I yell and Daisy and Violet grimace as I glare at them.

•*•*•

Just like I have predicted, the last week of June flew by and I was stuck on a cart the entire time. Watching them argue over every detail and I begin dreading the next two months. Of course, my ankle feels fine now as I'm forced out towards the main hall to were the June dance shall be held. Thankfully, the attire is casual and not some flouncy dress. For the last few weeks, nothing major happened with Charlie and the Camp Cinderella , we manly just talked. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing to him, but I can't come out now and show him who I really am. Dean is his lord of ass as always, and no progress with Adam and Violet. Plus, my strange dreams I've been having haven't seemed to come.

"AHHH!" Daisy squeals yanking me to the dance floor and pulling me from my thoughts. "I love this song~" she sings and starts dancing happily. "Dance with me Drew."

"Don't dance." I mumble and her arms fall to her sides and she frowns. "Go dance with the boys."

"I want to dance with you!" She groans and I shake my head. "Buzz kill."

"I just don't dance." I mumble and go to a little chair sitting down as the rest of the group crowds together.

"How lame are dances?" Dean says and Daisy laughs slightly holding herself sheepishly. "That's why they are so lame." He points to a small group and we all turn to see Corpses rising. In the group is Jenny as she giggles away at something the guitarist had said and Charlie clenches his fists together.

     Jason dances happily and I can't help but smile watching him. Dean glances my way and I tilt my head as I look to Daisy and shrug.

      "Their fun, what does it matter." I mumble and Violet nods slightly as she laughs.

     "I'll dance!" She shouts and Adam shoots up happily. "Me too!" He cheers and Daisy follows after them dragging Charlie with her. The other join in and all That's left is Dean and I.

     "Great." He mumbles staring. "They've been sucked into the camp dance." He grumbles and I sigh as he turns to look at me. "You don't dance?" He asks and I shake my head.

     "Too much effort." I mumble and Dean and I casually sit there together and he clears his throat.

     "You know..." He whispers and I raise my eyebrow. "I really did have fun that one night...." He whispers and I turn to look at him. "I was just wondering maybe we could-"

     "Common Drew!" I'm yanked from my spot and dragged out to the floor and I look up at Jason. "Don't say that you don't dance. " he says smiling then waving my arms in the air as I try to pull away. "Don't be a buzz kill like Dean!"

     "I really can't dance!" I shout over the loud music and he suddenly stops peering into my face so close I can feel him breath.

     "Oh! Are you till hurt?" He asks tilting his head and I smile at his concern. "I'm sorry! I didn't even think about it!"

     "It's alright." I mumble as I shake my head. "How about next time?" He nods and I hurry back to my seat. "Sorry." I mumble to Dean as he shakes his head.

     "It's fine." He grumbles and I look towards him with his set face into a cold stare. We wit in silence and I let out a laugh watching someone dance. "What's so funny?"

     "Watching them dance. It's kinda funny." I mumble and watch as they have fun dancing and not caring. "They're having so much fun." I mumble and sigh slightly.

     "So, do you want to dance?" He asks and I turn looking at him as he already is staring at me. "Let's go dance and proof just how horrible we are."

     "Mmm...." I look to Jason and then to my group and look at him. "You really want to?"

     "Not in the slightest." He says and I laugh as I shrug.

     "How about we just watch?" I ask and he agrees happily.

     So, we sit side by side and watch as the people around us have fun. We don't talk much but in its own way it's fun, and for some reason. I feel the slightest break between the wall that had formed from the very beginning.

Part 1 End
•*•*•

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed part one of Camp Cinderella. It's going to get more intense and I hope to have you continue to read.