Orange Hawkeye

Waking up she stared up at a dimly lite sky as branches hung low and the stars began to disappear. She sits up as she looks around and a jacket slides off her shoulders. Looking over, she sees Sir Adam sleeping with out his jacket. Her eyes widen as she quietly drapes his jacket over his seeming cold body and looks around. The night before they had found a small canopy incase a storm in the night hit them. Standing up, she walks around looking around and searching for maybe some plants or things to fix something to eat with. She turns back as She nods and counts her steps as She walks a little ways away.

"15, 16, 17, 18...." She whispers under her breath as She walks and search the ground and tress for nuts. "Hmm.... I wonder where something to eat could be?" She mumbles as her stomach let's out a low growl and she covers it with her arms. "So hungry..." She whispers as her eyes widen at a bush of berries. "Ahh! Berries!" She squeals as she runs to it and pulls some off as the juices stain her hands black and blue. She goes to eat some when a voice calls out to her.

"I wouldn't eat those if I were you." He says as she turns to looks at him. "Those are poisonous." He states as she watches him appear from behind a tree.

     Gasping, she drops them and he smiles kindly at her. His eyes widen when he approaches her and his hand pulls up to his mouth.

     "My oh my.... What is a beautiful girl like you doing out here all alone?" He whispers as her cheeks tint pink and he smiles more. "May I have a name?"

      "Oh it's-"

     "None of you business." A low rumble comes from behind her and she turns to see Sir Adams standing with his bow and arrow set and ready to launch. "Hands up."

     "Hmm..." The guy raises his arms up with a wicked smile and he cocks his head. "Very sad to be letting her majesty out alone don't you think?" He coos and he pulls it back even farther.

     "She left without my knowing." He says with a cold glare and she backs as he glares towards the man. "Why are you here?"

     "Oh just wanted to take a walk and happened to see her standing around about to eat poisonous berries." He says as she sees a sliver of brightness come from his back pocket and his smile widens.

     "Sir Adams!" She shouts out as a rapid flying dagger is flung from his hands. Sir Adams' eyes narrow as he bows his arrow and it flies coring itself into the mans chest. Grabbing her, he pulls back as the dagger flies just a hair past his nose and he glares towards the guy pinned to the tree by his arrow.

     "Now..." Sir Adams whispers as he touches the arrow gently as the guy erupts in painful grunts. "What are you doing here?"

     "There are several parties of bandits looking for you two. Word has it that the kingdom was attacked and the princess has to escape with a knight. Among us humble bandits there are of many rivaling kingdoms after you as well." He laughs and she backs away slightly as Sir Adams grabs the arrow yanking it out of his chest with a scream.

     "Well..... Consider this their first warning." He whispers as he stands grabbing her hand as the blood spit and spews from his wound.

     "What was that?" She whispers as they quickly hurry away from the gruesome scene.

     "That was a bandit from the NightHawks." He whispers as stops to look at her. "We are going to face many of them amongst others and even fellow brothers of arms. So I'm asking you this and once you answer that is it..... Do you trust me?"

     She stares at him for awhile. Trying to search his eyes for something she didn't quite understand. Shivers sent up her spin shaking her body, possibly from his blood soaked arrow and hand. Honestly, she had no idea why she wondered it, possibly from the horrible thing she just witnessed. Or maybe when they left the castle how he never let go of her arm. Other than anything else they had done or yet to do, she had only one thing to say. "Yes..... I trust you."

     So with a strong sense of relief, they took off once more into one of the greatest journeys ever known, but never heard of.

•*•*•

     "Okay....... What is that?" Violet mumbles as we stare at a fairly odd looking flower that sit beneath a tree. "It's literally the only one here."

     "Searching~." Daisy sings as she flips through the massive book of flora and fauna. "Okay..... Hmm..... Orange NightHawke....... Hmm how strange..."

     "Strange as in cool!" Dean shouts kneeling down to look at it with a happy smile. "Dude it has such a cool name."

     "Not a dude...." Daisy mumbles as Charlie kneels down staring at it with wondering eyes.

     "Looks fake...." He whispers as Violet nods and Adam stares too.

      "Does anyone know what we are even doing today?" I ask looking around as they shake their heads and I sigh. "Wait..... Don't we have another free day?"

      "Nope! Kenny says walking up and I turn to look at him. "Guys guess what!" He cheers as we blankly stare at him. "This is when you say 'what is it Kenny?!' All happy and excited!"

     "Not happening...." Dean and I grumble as he sighs and waves his hand.

     "Ropes course!" He cheers and my eyes widen as we all look to each other.

     "Wait wait wait.... You mean.... Like trusting ropes course?" I whisper as he shrugs and nods. "'No way! I can't trust my life with these idiots!"

      "Think we'll drop you?" Dean coos as I slam my elbow into his chest. "Ouch dammit Drew!"

      "I can't!" I shout as Kenny smiles and pats my back.

     "This is going to be fun!" He cheers as I shake my head at a rapid pace and I'm forced to walk. "We aren't taking the car, more bonding that way." He laughs and I stare at Violet and Daisy.

     I mean... If I'm going to a ropes course with Dean then I might as well look at them and be thankful... It might be the last time I see them.

•*•*•

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!! Love you guys so much! Please, vote, comment, add, or follow! Thanks so much love you guys~~~