HayBales and Happy Times

"Why do they have hay?" I mutter as I point and Ms. Tina drags me away. "Hey I'm curious....." Daisy and Violet both share sleepy looks and I yawn.

     "Why did we stay up so late?" Violet mumbles as Lucy and Abigail yawn. "We... Are so stupid..."

      "Never will I ever stay up past 4..." Daisy whispers and Abigail nods as she stumbles along the rocks.

     "I feel drugged...." Lucy whines and we all look at her with slightly widened eyes. "Not like I know what that feels like..."

     "Shh!" Ms. Tina sighs and we all groan and look up seeing the guys all bright and cheery. "Oh great..."

     "Happiness...." Abigail hisses and we all walk forward like a hoard of zombies.

     "Whoa...." Kenny mumbles and he gives us a teasing smile. "You look t-"

     "We look what?" Ms. Tina asks, her voice low with a scary look in her eyes.

     "Terrific!" They all shout slightly hiding behind Kenny who is shaking in his shoes. "A-anyway...."

     "How was your date?" Charlie asks and the boys faces smile with an evil grin as they lean forward.

      "Get a kiss goodnight?" Dean asks with a huge grin like a child. "Hmmm?" They all make smooch faces and we all let out a laugh and Kenny snaps with a very scary look.

     "Enough! Whatever Tina and Oscar did is their own business alright?!" He barks and we all stare at him with wide eyes.

     "Touchy..." Dean whispers and I snort a laugh as he smiles.

     "Dean." Kenny whispers and his tone sends a chill up my spine as Ms. Tina clears her throat and smiles. "Anyway..... Let's go."

     "Where are we going?" Violet asks and he gives her a big smile.

     "Well, weren't we supposed to play some basketball?" He cheers and her eyes light up as Daisy shrinks.

     "Oh no...." Daisy whispers.

     "OH YES!!!!!" Violet shouts over and I grimace at the reminder of the games from school and how many times things went wrong.

•*•*•

      The sun beats down on us as we stand on the concrete. My shoes kill my feet as I lean down towards my knees. I take in deep breaths as I sigh and wipe away sweat. I can feel my heartbeat in my finger tips as I stare up at Dean. His hair sticks to his forehead as he pants and Violet tosses the ball to him. He dribbles close to the ground as he switches between his legs and I hold out my hands. His eyes never look to the ground as he watches the area around him. His fingers gently touch the ball in a gentle yet powerful dribble and he moves forward. I move after him and with a toss it's to Violet once more.

     "You know... You're not too bad." He whispers as he runs to her old spot and shifts around on his feet.

     "Neither are you." I whisper as I watch his face lighten with a smile and he moves forward once more.

     I jump back blocking him off and he glares slightly as he walks backwards back to his spot. He gives me a smug cocky smile and I roll my eyes as I jump in front of a pass intercepting it and smile. Running to the front, I hurry to the basket.  His body shifts in front of me and I throw the ball to Will as I blow into him and we tumble down. He lets out a gasp and I land on top of him and in a flash, my lips brush against his and everyone freezes. His hands lie only waist and we stare at each other with wide eyes.

     "Right." I whisper as I jump up and push my hair behind my ear and clear my throat. "Um, I'm going to get something to drink." I whisper quickly hurrying away my face burning hot.

     I just..... No no no! That wasn't a..... Did I just...... Kiss Dean?

     My body heats and I shake my head ask take a huge gulp of the water and Ms. Tina calls out to us with a big smile.

     "Alright! We better head in to take showers and stuff!" She cheers as we all agree quietly and head back towards the cabin.

      "Drew." Dean grabs my arm pulling me away from the rest of the group and I make no attempt to look at him. "About what just happened..."

     "It was all an accident." I mumble and I look up. "Nothing more." I mumble as I step forward and he grabs my arm again. "Dean!"

     "Will you dance with me tonight?" He whispers and my eyes widen as I look at him.

     "Is this a joke?" I mumble and he shakes his head.

     "I'm being serious." He mumbles and I stare with big eyes as I fell a hand grab my shoulder and I'm pulled back. "W-wait drew!" I'm pulled away and Dean watches as I hurry to the cabin with the others.

     My heart pounds as they talk in happy and hurried voices but my mind is stuck from what all just happened. My hands sweat as I'm pulled along and I find all eyes staring at me.

     "What?" I whisper as I look at them and they all smile slightly.

     "What are you going to wear for the theme?" Abigail asks with big eyes.

     "What's the theme?" I ask as I stare at them and they all smile.

    "Hay bales and Happy Times!" They each cheer and I glare. "How lame...." I mumble and they each nod with slight laughs as Violet smiles as we walk into the cabin as they call showers and other things. I still have my mind trying to catch up with everything.

     "So... What are you going to do?" Violet asks and I look up as she smiles happily. "About Dean?"

     "I-I don't know..." I mumble as I lay on her bed and she nods. I really, have no idea what I should feel at this point.....

To Be Continued

•*•*•

Thanks so much for reading! Next chapter we will see what happens and possibly this time this kiss won't be an accident 😱! Anyway I hope you enjoyed and please remember to cast your choices for the next two stories you would like to read! Thanks again and please have a great day!